Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

OGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea Fleet

Article about: My latest purchase with which I am very, very happy. A nicely worn Order of Great Patriotic War 1st Class awarded to Boris Petrovich Dyomin, battery commander in BK nr. 1137, Ochakov Fortifi

Default OGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea Fleet

My latest purchase with which I am very, very happy. A nicely worn Order of Great Patriotic War 1st Class awarded to Boris Petrovich Dyomin, battery commander in BK nr. 1137, Ochakov Fortified Sector, Coastal Defense Command, Black Sea Fleet.

The order with number 75224 is in worn condition with loss of enamel on the 2 o' clock ray and a tiny chip in the 8 o' clock ray plus a repairjob on the aforementioned 2 o'clock ray.

Boris' record card:

Record card

Order booklet nr. A-343032

1. Last name: Dyomin
    2. First name and patronymic: Boris Petrovich
    3. Military rank: Senior Lieutenant
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: March 4, 1915
    6. Place of birth: City of Odessa
    7. Party membership (since which year): Candidate member of the Communist Party since 1944
    8. Education: Secondary
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: Since June 1941
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Battery commander in BK nr. 1137, Ochakov Fortified Sector, Coastal Defense Command, Black Sea Fleet
    12. Current place of service and position: Assistant commander of BK nr. 173, 76th Independent Artillery Battalion, Coastal Defense Command, Northwestern Naval Defense Area
    13. Home address of the awardee: Troop Unit nr. 72147, city of Ochakov, Nikolayev Oblast

List of awards received:

- Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class #75224, Temporary certificate nr. 16302, Order of the Red Banner Baltic Fleet nr. 110/S of August 7, 1944
    - Medal for the Defense of the Caucasus
    - Medal for the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941–1945

Boris' award sheet:

Concerning (military rank; first name, patronymic, and last name; position; and name of the troop unit, institution, or establishment): Lieutenant Boris Petrovich Dyomin, interim commanding officer of the 1026th Mortar Battery, Ochakov Fortified Sector, Coastal Defense Command, Black Sea Fleet

Name of the award: Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class – awarded by Order nr. 110/S of August 7, 1944

1. Year of birth: 1915
    2. Nationality: Russian
    3. Social position: Working class
    4. Party membership and period: Komsomol member
    5. Since when in the Red Army or Red Navy: Since June 22, 1941
    6. Service in the Civil War: No
    7. Wounds and contusions: No
    8. Has he been nominated for an award before (if so, when and what for): No
    9. Which commendations and awards did he receive and what for: No
    10. Service in the White Army or other bourgeois armies and time spent in captivity: No
    11. Permanent address: _______________

Brief, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments
    (to be compiled by the staff of the troop unit, formation, installation, or establishment):

"Serving as acting mortar battery commander, Lieutenant Dyomin showed himself a strong-willed commander during the combat operations on the Kinburn Spit. Through his personal bravery he was able to inspire the men of his battery to destroy the German-fascist invaders and expel them from our motherland.

Comrade Dyomin managed to turn his battery’s men into a tight-knit outfit which showed excellent skill and conducted well-organized combat operations.

Between December 20, 1943 and February 15, 1944, on Pervomaisky Island, Lieutenant Dyomin’s battery destroyed one large-caliber battery, killed up to 30 soldiers and officers, and suppressed two enemy batteries.

During the combat operations in the Azov Sea area, Lieutenant Dyomin and two seamen captured a lifeboat at sea, took 4 soldiers and 1 corporal prisoner, and captured 5 rifles, 30 grenades, and 3000 rounds.

For unifying his men, for his excellent combat training and efficiency, for skillfully directing his battery’s fire, and for destroying or suppressing enemy firepower on Pervomaisky Island, Lieutenant Dyomin deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class."

Now images of the Order:

OGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea FleetOGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea Fleet
    OGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea FleetOGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea Fleet

The Kinburn Spit peninsula and the landtongue mentioned in the citation (it stretches west into the Black Sea between the Dnieper-Buh estuary and the Bay of Yahorlyk):

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OGPW I # 75224 Coastal Defence Command, Black Sea Fleet
    P
    Many

Nice badge and story too.
    I think the minor damage to the 2 o'clock ray does not detract from the award too much.
    Thanks for posting.
    Nick

I actually don't mind damage due to being worn. It gives this Order charachter I'd say

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    I actually don't mind damage due to being worn. It gives this Order charachter I'd say
    Indeed, that's why I quite like worn helmets - they tell a story, that we can only guess at...

Very nice order and great post!
    Thank's for showing

Gabriele

?

The hammer and sickle is not gold, but steel, I think.

The veteran served previously in the 3rd "Perekopskij" rifle regiment. It sustained severe losses during the defense of Sevastopol.
    In fact, DYOMIN was declared MIA on 03 July 1942, i.e. in connection with final fall of Sevastopol and eventual evacuation of RKKA troops.

The hammer and sickle is a replacement yes (which happened more often).

Very interesting facts you brought up about his missing in action. Thanks a lot for this additional information!!

Dom
    ?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    The hammer and sickle is a replacement yes (which happened more often).
    Apparently from a M36 star , beautiful Order and nice research work