Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich Hrishin

Article about: Hereby I wanna show my latest ORB with serial # 203925. Due to the serial # I expected this to be an order awarded for combat actions somewhere in april/may 1945. To my surprise the ORB turn

Default ORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich Hrishin

Hereby I wanna show my latest ORB with serial # 203925. Due to the serial # I expected this to be an order awarded for combat actions somewhere first half of 1945. To my surprise the ORB turned out to be awarded for long service. Quite unusual and a tiny bit disappointing since I value combat awarded decorations over any long service decoration. Still the order is in beautiful condition with uncut connecting ring, original suspension and what appears to be the original ribbon.

ORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich HrishinORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich Hrishin

Hereby Yefim's Record Card:

Record card

Order booklet nr. 184517, already issued

1. Last name: Grishin
    2. First name and patronymic: Yefim Pavlovich
    3. Military rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1898
    6. Place of birth: Village of Putilkovo, Yaroslavl Province
    7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1919
    8. Education: Secondary
    9. Nationality: Russian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: Since 1917
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Secretary of the Party Commission of the 3rd Minesweeper Brigade, Northwestern Naval Defense Area, Black Sea Fleet
    12. Current place of service and position: Deputy commander for political affairs of the Coastal Base of the Independent Submarine Training Squadron, Black Sea Fleet
    13. Home address of the recipient: Field post nr. 34334, city of Sevastopol

14. List of all awards he received:

Name of the order or medal - Serial number - Number of the document - Ground of award
    Order of the Red Banner - 203925 - Order booklet nr. 184517 - Decree of November 3, 1944
    Order of Lenin - 37799 - Decree of February 21, 1945
    Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class - 275965 - Temporary certificate nr. B-9298 - Order of the Northwestern Naval Defense Area, Black Sea Fleet nr. 3/S of February 17, 1946

Signature of the recipient: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Head of Department 1, Red Banner submarine Shch-201
    Junior Lieutenant [signed] /Kachanov/
    March 2, 1947

ORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich HrishinORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich Hrishin

Since Yefim was a Lieutenant Colonel I also requested his Officer Service Record and hope to get an overview of his military carreer and perhaps even a photo from Yefim. This research is still in progress and will post once available.

Edit: in the threads title I typed the surname wrong, can't seem to change this??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ORB # 203925 awarded to Yefim Pavlovich Hrishin
    P
    Many

Hereby I present you Yefim Grishin, the awardee of my latest ORB # 203925:

I wanna add a correction to this thread: it turned out today that when requesting the service card I received the service card from another officer, with exactly the same name, born in the exact same year. With the translations it turned out that the picture shown in the previous post is from another Yefim Pavlovich Grishin who was also born in 1898. This Grishin served in a Independant Signals Repair and Overhaul Battalion on among others the Stalingrad Front from January - September 1943.

Most likely "my" Grishin's service card is still not available due to being a naval service card. So unfortunately the research ends here.

?

Hello Marcel,
    Do you have the citation for this ORB?

Unfortunately not, it was unavailable. Probably because it is a navy citation.

?

Kaboom!

Is it from the same Yefim Pavlovich Grishin? From what I understood those long service citations were not online???

Edit: isn't this one for the Order of Lenin instead of the ORB?
    Last edited by Marcel Banziger; 08-17-2019 at 10:13 AM.

?

Igor is right, that's his ORB citation. I must have missed it. For some peculiar reason Navy long service award citations are online, whereas Army ones aren't.

He was nominated for an Order of Lenin since he had put in more than 26 years of service, but the high command decided men like him would receive an ORB retroactively as well. That's why he was awarded an ORB for 20 years of service in November 1944 and an Order of Lenin for 25 years of service in February 1945.

Thanks a lot gentlemen. Igor for finding the citation and Auke for additional information. This shows why this forum is so great. Thank you very much!!

?

Guys the Navy long service citations are online (for the most).
    And they are actually quite special, because they contain career overview, which is unusual.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast