Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel

Article about: Hereby I wanna show my latest addition to the collection. It is a temporary award document for an Order of the Red Banner, serial number # 204336, awarded to Colonel Vladimir Yevlenevich Str

?

That is a Great feeling when you put the face to the name!!!
    Congrats on that!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel
    P
    Many

?

The temporary certificates were to be destroyed once they were exchanged for an order booklet. Nevertheless quite a few of them still exist, since many veterans never exchanged them after the war, or died before they had a chance to.

I always thought it was quite unfortunate they didn’t copy all the information from the certificates into the order booklet. So much information - rank, unit, award date, presentation date - can now only be obtained via archival research.

Sorry, don't want to steal the thread but I do not see what is wrong with the order you mention. Type3 variation1 acc to the mondvor site looks very similar.. what am I missing?

Best Regards
    Erik

?

The eBay auction had more detailed images, which clearly show this order is fake. The bright and smooth enamel, the mint mark and the serial number are some nuanced but telltale signs. It's a fairly good fake.

Thank you Auke.
    Im not experienced with these, good to hear others knowlege.

I will take the liberty to post a few pictures of it. Just so that people reading later on will find content even after the ebay auction disappears.ORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonelORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonelORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonelORB # 240336 temporary document awarded to an artillery colonel

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Thanks to Pamyat Naroda being updated all the time I now also managed to find a face to the name. Hereby I present you Colonel Vladimir Yevlenevich Stratienko:

Attachment 1413304
    Very nice to have a face with the document!
    I just discovered this new feature of finding photos on Pamyat Naroda...it's really amazing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2