Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of bravery medal

Article about: I got that order of bravery medal and i just found out that the red in the lettering is enamel. I thought is was just paint but when i put pressure on it, it shatters. Now i know that enamel

Thumbs up Order of bravery medal

I got that order of bravery medal and i just found out that the red in the lettering is enamel. I thought is was just paint but when i put pressure on it, it shatters. Now i know that enamel is not supposed to break or shatter with pressure from a fingernail but maybe it is just old as it was already chipped throughout the lettering. What are yall's thoughts on this. Also the medal is heavier that my victory over germany medal which i read is because the bravery medal is made of silver.
    Thanks
    john

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of bravery medal
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Order of bravery medal

Serial numbered Bravery Medals had lacquer instead of enamel, which easily breaks.

Default Re: Order of bravery medal

Quote by WWIIBUFF View Post
    I got that order of bravery medal and i just found out that the red in the lettering is enamel. I thought is was just paint but when i put pressure on it, it shatters. Now i know that enamel is not supposed to break or shatter with pressure from a fingernail but maybe it is just old as it was already chipped throughout the lettering. What are yall's thoughts on this. Also the medal is heavier that my victory over germany medal which i read is because the bravery medal is made of silver.
    Thanks
    john
    yes, the bravery medal is made of silver !
    please post a pic of your medal .