Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of Glory

Article about: Just a quick question, I would like to get a wartime example of the Order of Glory.........what serial number range falls into the wartime period? Thanks, Brett

Default Order of Glory

Just a quick question,
    I would like to get a wartime example of the Order of Glory.........what serial number range falls into the wartime period?

Thanks,
    Brett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of Glory

They pretty much all do, although some may have been awarded post-war for actions during the war, "catch-up" awards they are called. You never know unless you either obtain a piece that has already been researched, in which case you have the documents, or you obtain a piece and then have it researched, which will reveal all the information. I trust my meager response is clear.

Hi Bill,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I was hoping to find out the "cut off" serial number range for the wartime awarded examples.... i.e. at what serial number did the "catch up" awards begin?
    The one I am looking at has a 462,xxx number on it and I was hoping it was an actual war time awarded piece.

*EDIT*
    I just found this thread in regards to the Order of Glory, and it seems there is no set pattern in relation to the serial number and the award date. You are correct in that it is going to be a job of actually getting the award researched to see when it was in fact awarded.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/order...r-glory-20876/

Thanks again,
    Brett

You're looking at a late 1944 awarded piece, sometime October through December. I am not sure of the exact cut off date of the catch up awards or even if there was one.

I have a couple examples from my collection to illustrate the disparity of some of these dates and their relationship to their serial numbers.

-#400880 Awarded May 13th, 1945, 3rd Class, to Guards Sergeant Revas Ilich Sutydze, Radio Operator – Signal Platoon, 31st Guards Cavalry Regiment, 8th Guards Rovno Cavalry Division named after Morozov, with Order Book, Award Card, Awards List for his Red Star (#944030), Order of Glory, 3rd Class, and Combat Service Medals (#1315975), citations, and translations.

-#499461 Awarded May 12th, 1945, 3rd Class, to Red Guard's Sergeant Ivan Lutskov, 3rd Motorized Rifle Battalion, 22nd Red Guard's Motorized Rifle Brigade, with His Medal for the Liberation of Prague, Order Books, and partial translation.