MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Order of Glory 2nd class real or fake?

Article about: Hey guys, im not a very experienced collector and I was wondering if this order of glory 2nd cl. was legitimate. Any opinions would great

The photo of the reverse was so awful and blurry I decided it wasn't worth posting.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory 2nd class real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Fair enough, but what is the serial number then?

Quote by Egorka View Post
    Hello, Mark.
    It does not strike me as a complete fake. Given the quality of the photos is terrible. The red stuff is not enamel, we can agree on that.
    Yes I agree that the physical shape of the medal appears to conform but I have never seen silver with this level of tarnish look such a brown shade I would expect a more bluish hue unless the metal has a copper or iron content. This coupled with the source and poor picture would be more than enough for me.
    In any case no matter what the source I would not persue any piece if this was the best picture I could get

A picture paints a thousand words as they say but a bad picture covers a multitude of sin

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Hej, Mark.

I have seen numerous OGIII with some kind of gold paint or laquie on. I dont know the reason, except it was done by either an unethical dealer or, possibly, by veteran himself to pimp up the looks. Most likely a dealer.
    So the point being, the hue can be affected by the chemical remains of such treatment.

Regarding this particular OGIII, On closer inspection I find the ring sshape to be completely off. So it seems, you were right from the start and it is a reproduction/fake.

Regards/ Igor

Quote by Egorka View Post
    Hej, Mark.

I have seen numerous OGIII with some kind of gold paint or laquie on. I dont know the reason, except it was done by either an unethical dealer or, possibly, by veteran himself to pimp up the looks. Most likely a dealer.
    So the point being, the hue can be affected by the chemical remains of such treatment.

Regarding this particular OGIII, On closer inspection I find the ring sshape to be completely off. So it seems, you were right from the start and it is a reproduction/fake.

Regards/ Igor
    Yes you are correct concerning the ring and I have seen similar "varnish treatment" but I just did not like the colour of this one at all and that was enough for me so I didn't even consider looking more closely!

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3