Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Order of Glory group opinion

Article about: Hi everyone, Thought I'd ask what peoples opinions are on this medal group, specifically the order of glory. The reverse of the order of glory looks pitted in the center and the area around

?

Default Order of Glory group opinion

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd ask what peoples opinions are on this medal group, specifically the order of glory. The reverse of the order of glory looks pitted in the center and the area around the serial number looks smooth with some scratch marks (possibly rubbing against medal for courage during wear?) The serial number on the order of glory also looks a bit messier than others I have seen. Are the marks on the back of the medal for courage from contact wear with the order of glory?

Sorry I could not work out how to rotate the first 2 photos. They appear vertically on my computer.

Many thanks, David.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of Glory group opinion   Order of Glory group opinion  

Order of Glory group opinion   Order of Glory group opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory group opinion
    P
    Many

In my opinion, it shouldn't be pitted like that. It wouldn't come from rubbing against other medals. I believe the its either the metal or the dye tool used is what caused the pitting. The serial is heavily engraved and not to the style i am used to seeing on order of glory. Too many issues with this set, and as others on the forum have said 'if there are a few doubts' then just let it pass.

I also think the serial number on the OG looks weird. It even looks like the OG is a relic found in a swamp or lake. Hard to say to be honest.

?

Thanks for your opinions guys! I'm gonna pass on this one :-)