Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!

Article about: Hi all- I have recently found for sale this Order of Glory II that dates around 1945 that I am very confident it is a real one. I believe it to be a type 3, but I can't tell. The first 2 pho

Default Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!

Hi all-

I have recently found for sale this Order of Glory II that dates around 1945 that I am very confident it is a real one. I believe it to be a type 3, but I can't tell. The first 2 photos of it on the stand are from the dealer's website, and then I emailed him asking him for more pictures, which is what the rest of them are. I believe without a doubt in my mind it is an original Order of Glory II with (what seems to be) an original ribbon and late war suspension. He is asking $250 USD, which seems like a steal, and I am highly thinking about getting it as I don't have an OGII yet. What do you guys think?

Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!
    Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 02-22-2020 at 04:27 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!
    P
    Many

What do you guys think about it?
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 02-22-2020 at 07:46 AM.

If real it would be a variant 5, connecting ring has been cut and suspension replaced. Could be a good one but before I would buy this one I would prefer to see a better shot of the front where also the clock can be seen good. This serial number range should have among others a clock showing 9:00 o'clock.
    Another point that brings slight doubts to me are the star's ray's ends. These seem very sharp, especially the 3 and 9 o'clock rays on the reverse.
    Pricewise it could be a steal but myself I would prefer a better pic of the front before buying.

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    If real it would be a variant 5
    I have never heard of a variant 5 (although I don’t doubt there isn’t one), is it a “newly” discovered variant? I checked the comprehensive guide and it only lists 3 types for OGII. Also, according to The Comprehensive Guide, this serial number range would fall into the type 3 category? I’ll provide a screenshot of the paragraph I’m talking about from the book. It is on page 196.

Edit: Here is the paragraph I'm talking about:

Order of Glory II #45393 with practically all gold in tact!

According to Mondvor (which is my bible when it comes to awards haha):

Вариант 5. Часы на Спасской башне показывают 9:00. Стрелки тонкие, определяются слабо. Деления на циферблате длинные. Так называемый циферблат "апельсин". Окошко башни, как и у предыдущего варианта, имеет двойной контур. Минимальный известный номер ордена – 24722, максимальный – 49395.

Variant 5. The clock on the Spasskaya Tower shows 9:00. The arrows are thin, poorly defined. The divisions on the dial are long. The so-called orange dial. The tower window, as in the previous version, has a double contour. The minimum known order number is 24722, the maximum is 49395.

Thanks for the info Marcel

I have emailed the company that's selling it asking for more closer-up and detailed pics of the Spasskaya Tower.

there was a person selling which includes fake items and on the list he has the OG 45393
    he provide a google drive with photos
    Medal and order collection, please help - The Soviet Military Awards Page Forum
    Orders and medals - Google Drive

therefore i have my reservations about this item.

I do not like the number, but the pictures are poor, but before spending my money I'd also want a CLEAN and CLEAR picture of the back to see if the number has been altered. I'm not saying it is bad, just that I'd want better pictures.

Quote by PapaStalin1943 View Post
    I have emailed the company that's selling it asking for more closer-up and detailed pics of the Spasskaya Tower.
    Quote by kmoney10 View Post
    there was a person selling which includes fake items and on the list he has the OG 45393
    he provide a google drive with photos
    I now wonder, is it a private person offering you this order PapaStalin or is it a company? If a company, which one is it? This situation stinks. As kmoney10 already mentioned, there's quite some fakes on the list of what is shown in googledrive. Looks like my initial suspision seems to be correct that this OG II is not good. Those star rays are not as should be and without a better front picture it is best to stay away from this seller.

after doing some more research i rule it no good, the leaf on the left has 4 dots instead of 5, the detail on the clock tower isn't correct, doesn't appear to be wear either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast