Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Order of Glory II check.

Article about: Hi, everyone. I have purchased this OG II from an auction, and personally I did not find anything wrong. Would you mind taking a look and identify this order for me. Thanks a lot, Matthew

Default Order of Glory II check.

Hi, everyone.
    I have purchased this OG II from an auction, and personally I did not find anything wrong. Would you mind taking a look and identify this order for me.
    Thanks a lot,
    Matthew
    Order of Glory II check.Order of Glory II check.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory II check.
    P
    Many

Before anyone else mentions it you need bigger and better lit pics especially with this particular medal. Colour rendition is as you will appreciate very important when viewing online.

From what I can see there are no red flags but as I say the pics need improvement.

You might already be aware but the OG II and I have been faked by adding gold plating to OG III. This would be hard to spot if the donor OG III was in mint condition but this is not usually the case and the giveaway is gold colour visible on top of previously worn detail.

Also a really clear high definition image of the serial number is useful too.

I'm not using my desktop just now as I am away from home so it's a laptop in the sunshine but I am sure other opinions will be along shortly!

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 09-17-2019 at 01:14 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Agreed, we need better photos to be sure.

There is no gap at the base of the tower, there should be for a high number OGII (but wouldn't be for a low number III)?
    Agree pictures need to be better but it does otherwise fit the serial range if it is a smooth dial

I don't like what i see (yes the picture isn't perfect) but, the red enamel seems off (possibly replaced?)...the 'L' in SLAVA doesn't look right. the details of the walls are lacking...plus if wear and tear was a factor to justify the lack of detail...i don't know how the gold plating is fully intact (or so it would appear in the photo). The serial number, not the typical style used on a 3rd variant of this medal...better photo required.

Just an opinion, i wouldn't deal with auctions that are Chinese and has their lettering (no offense).

Let's be honest. These pics are just not good enough to make an educated opinion. Furthermore buying such an order purely on these pics is just madness.

Order of Glory II check.Order of Glory II check.Order of Glory II check.Order of Glory II check.
    Thank you,guys. Just take some new photos, hopefully, these will be good.

Not an educated opinion, but I'm not liking it.
    Last edited by Aleksander P; 09-25-2019 at 08:33 AM.

?

Hello,
    First of all, the photos, unfortunately, are not good enough. At least, for me it is difficult to judge properly from these...
    Now, I don't like the engraving style. But I don't see any intervention in to the number either...
    Otherwise these a few characteristics, which place this into 2nd class range....

As stated above even with the new pictures the situation is little better in terms of being able to arrive at a certain assessment but I now lean towards the negative.

I didn't realise where the auction was being run and that in the first instance is the last place I would look for a genuine article.

In that part of the "global economy" they seem inclined to fake even the time of day.

I would pass on this one.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast