Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of Glory Second Class

Article about: Aleksei Prokhorovich Alekseikin, decorated as SCOUT Junior Segeant (2 stripes on straps) in 237th TANK Brigade, 31st Tank Corps Currently battle tank driver in same unit, home address villag

?

Default Order of Glory Second Class

Aleksei Prokhorovich Alekseikin, decorated as SCOUT Junior Segeant (2 stripes on straps) in 237th TANK Brigade, 31st Tank Corps

Currently battle tank driver in same unit, home address village of Nikol'skoe as above.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of Glory Second Class   Order of Glory Second Class  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of Glory Second Class
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Order of Glory Second Class

Citation as Junior Sergeant in Motorized Reconnaissance Battalion of 237th Auto-Tank Brigade, put in for Glory 2nd. At the front since 5 July, No wounds. He was in the Red Army since 16 August 1942, called up from Kurkinsky DMC.

Next of kin was his mother (in Sergeevka part of Nikol'skoe as above), Dona Mikhailovna Alekseikina.

"Took part in 'n.i.' (?) in time of combat for Kobirvitse, Kravorzhe, and Stititsa 17 and 18 April 1945. Comrade Alekseikin showed courage and bravery at the time of his observation personally discovering: one gun 'i.t.o.', two machine guns, one armored transport and up to 40 enemy soldiers, against which quickly reported to 'O.I.' of the battery commander.
    observation of which was detroyed.
    Deserves to be decorated with the Order 'of Glory 2nd Class'

Paul, could we please see the reverse of this Order of Glory and perhaps the second page of his Award Sheet? I wonder what other orders or medals he received. . .

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    Paul, could we please see the reverse of this Order of Glory and perhaps the second page of his Award Sheet? I wonder what other orders or medals he received. . .
    I have my orders and documents put away, as I am stationed in CA(my house and etc are back in Maine). I do have most of my photos on my laptop.

Here is the back of the order. I do have the remainder of the information, translated by Rick:

OPW 2nd Class # 43,252 per 31st Tank Corps on 10 October 1943
    Order of Glory 3rd Class # 25 (5/6?), 691 the same on 8 March 1945
    Order of Glory 2nd Class # 19, 474 per 60th Army on 16 May 1945

Victory Over Germany with nominal date of 9 May 1945 always found on ARCs.

Filled out 20 February 1946. Stamp has all the unit's names and titles but is sideways and too late for me to read now (0030 AM)

Post #4) Citation as Junior Sergeant in Motorized Reconnaissance Battalion of 237th Auto-Tank Brigade, put in for Glory 2nd. At the front since 5 July 4(scribble). No wounds. In Red Army since 16 August 1942, called up from Kurkinsky DMC. Notes previous awards and dates for OPW 2nd and OG 3rd.
    Next of kin was his mother (in Sergeevka part of Nikol'skoe as above), Do...na Mikhailovna Alekseikina.

"Took part in 'n.i.' (?) in time of combat for Kobirvitse, Kravorzhe, and Stititsa 17 and 18 April 1945. Comrade Alekseikin showed courage and bravery at the time of his observation personally discovering: one gun 'i.t.o.', two machine guns, one armored transport and up to 40 enemy soldiers, against which quickly reported to 'O.I.' of the battery commander.
    observation of which was detroyed.
    Deserves to be decorated with the Satte Order 'of Glory 2nd Class'

20 April 1945, Commander 'MBA' Gds Major 'Kuzhakmetov'

Post #5) Derserves to be awarded Order of Glory 2nd Class:

25 April 1945, Commander 237th Tank Brigade (scribble no rank)

3 May 1945 Commander 31st Tank '......, Order of the Red Banner, Order of Suvorov' Corps, Major-General 'Kuznetsov'

13 May 1945 Commander Tank and Mechanized Forces 60th Army Gds Colonel (scribble)

Issued 16th May.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of Glory Second Class  

Thanks, Paul, and Happy New Year!