Order of the Red Banner for Narva.
Recently purchased the following group from ebay as an early Christmas present. They show signs of being worn which is just how I like them.
I would like to thank Auke for carrying out the research for me within a matter of days. Could unconditionally recommend him to those who wish their Soviet awards researched.
1. Last name: Tsopa
2. First name and patronymic: Ivan Ivanovich
3. Military rank: Captain
4. Sex: Male
5. Year of birth: 1911
6. Place of birth: Noviye Sanzhary Raion, Poltava Oblast
7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Communist Party since 1943
8. Education: 6 classes
9. Nationality: Ukrainian
10. Since which year in the Red Army: Since 1933
11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Rifle battalion commander in the 559th Narva Order of Suvorov 3rd Class Rifle Regiment
12. Current place of service and position: Student in the Red Army Advanced Infantry Officer Training Courses, Group of Soviet Occupation Forces in Germany
13. Home address of the awardee: Village of Novosyolovka, Petropavlovka Raion, Dnepropetrovsk Oblast
14. List of all awards received:
Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
Order of the Red Star 471989 Temporary certificate nr. A-634835 Order of the 2nd Shock Army nr. 034/N of February 16, 1944
Order of the Red Banner 122929 Temporary certificate nr. V-349846 Order of the 2nd Shock Army nr. 0115/N of August 8, 1944
Order of Alexander Nevsky 10399 Temporary certificate nr. D-484279 Order of the 49th Army nr. 035 of April 4, 1945
Order of the Patriotic War, 1st Class 224704 Temporary certificate nr. D-676448 Order of the 49th Army nr. 083 of May 30, 1945
Medal for the Defense of Leningrad Permanent certificate nr. I-32175 Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR
Medal for the Victory over Germany in the Great Patriotic War of 1941Ė1945 Permanent certificate nr. V-0200682 Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR of May 9, 1945
Signature of the awardee: [signed]
I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):
1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Tsopa, Ivan Ivanovich
2. Rank: Senior Lieutenant
3. Position and unit: Commander of the 253rd Independent Reconnaissance Company, 191st Novgorod Red Banner Rifle Division
Nominated for: Order of the Red Banner
4. Year of birth: 1911
5. Nationality: Ukrainian
6. Party affiliation: Member of the Communist Party since 1943
7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): Finnish campaign from 1939 through 1940 and the Patriotic War since June 22, 1941, serving on the Volkhov and Leningrad Front
8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Severely contused in 1941
9. Since when in the Red Army: Since 1933
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Artyomovsk Raion, Donbass
11. Previous awards (for which accomplishments): Order of the Red Star in 1944, Medal for the Defense of Leningrad in 1943
12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________
Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments:
Senior Lieutenant Tsopa has been serving in the division since January 1944. Serving as commander of the divisionís independent reconnaissance company, he showed himself a bold officer, full of initiative and always meticulously carrying out his assignments. As a result, the company repeatedly took enemy soldiers prisoner and captured documents during the preparatory period prior to the fighting for the city of Narva, which enabled us to possess accurate information about the enemy.
During the crossing of the Narva River, as well as during the capture of the fortress and city of Narva, comrade Tsopa personally crossed to the western bank of the Narva River along with a group of 3 scouts, and during the initial stage of the fighting he took 5 enemy soldiers prisoner and brought them to the divisional commander; during their interrogation they provided valuable information about the enemy.
Attacking the Reigi Heights, the 559th Rifle Regiment was held back for reasons unknown to the divisional commander. In view of the lack of communications, comrade Tsopa was ordered to the 559th Rifle Regiment to establish communications and to pass on the orders orally. Under enemy fire comrade Tsopa crossed the Narva River and after 15 minutes he passed on the divisional commanderís verbal orders to the commander of the 559th Rifle Regiment. The regiment immediately started to carry out its task of capturing Height 22.9.
Comrade Tsopa fully deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
Chief of reconnaissance of the 191st Novgorod Red Banner Rifle Division
Major [signed] /Tishchenko/
July 30, 1944
He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Banner.
12-23-2014 04:00 PM
Very very nice indeed! Xmas surely did come early for you!
Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!
Really great to see a Russian award for Narva Robin
Hello Paul, When the research came through I did think you might be interested.