Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Partisan Medal 1st Class

Article about: Hi everyone. So I will be posting a few orders/medals on here (I am not going to bid on these awards) to see if I am getting better at seeing if an award is fake or not. So basically, this i

Default Partisan Medal 1st Class

Hi everyone. So I will be posting a few orders/medals on here (I am not going to bid on these awards) to see if I am getting better at seeing if an award is fake or not. So basically, this is just a "practice" for me, if that makes sense. Anyways, I found this Partisan 1st Class up for bid, which has recently gotten more attention on eBay. I personally think that this is a cast of an original, because it is lacking detail, and has a strange patina. The hammer and sickle is basically nonexistent on the small star on the bottom of the medal, and the faces of Lenin and Stalin lack a lot of detail. The suspension is also very poorly soldered onto the medal, which IMO is a give away that this is not authentic. I would love to hear what you guys think and if my assumptions are right or not. Thanks! Edit: Looking at it again, the third "C" in "CCCP" on the bottom looks a little different from the other C's.

Partisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st ClassPartisan Medal 1st Class

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Partisan Medal 1st Class
    P
    Many

I stick to my previous advice: first get acquainted with the common campaign and anniversary medals. See and feel how these are made (instead of learning from online photos). You'll start to develop an eye for them and will because of experience see the differences more easily. From there it's just a small step to the more rare medals. Same goes for orders. Get started with some simple cheap Red Stars and expand from there. Having plenty of originals in hands will bring you so much more than looking at photos all day long.

People sometimes forget they first need to learn to walk before they can run a marathon.

If you're still looking for one, Soviet Orders is selling one now:
    Soviet Partisan of the Patriotic War Medal 1st class. In excellent condition

Some prefer to spend $ 25 on Ebay and hope that it turns out to be an original

Beautiful Partisan medal from Matthijs....it has a great look!

Thanks for the link, it definitely is a nice medal. And as for eBay, I don’t think I will be buying from there from now on, unless it’s a common medal.