Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class

Article about: by Mehti Safarov He was wounded in a battle, died of his wounds in June 1944 and was awarded Order of the Patriotic War 1st class posthumously. ????????????? ??????????? ???? ?????????? '???

?

Nicely done! I look forward to finding out who was awarded this medal.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class
    P
    Many

Thanks guys ! So am I, s*cks that I don't have any patience.

Alright, the research came in and I like it very much. The citation couldn't be found on the internet, so I will order another research from Auke and see if it can be found directly from the archives. I will attach the translated award sheets.

Senior Lieutenant, Mikhail Petrovich Kolyada.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class   Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class  

The insignia that his brigade used. Interesting, that they used more captured German tanks than T-34's at one point.
    Attached Images Attached Images Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class 

I also read that the 213th tank brigade was the only one to be fully armed with captured material.

Nice info as always from Auke.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Indeed!

I just received the citations on the order from Auke. Thanks for the work Auke!

I'm pleased with it, as I am fond of tankists.

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Kolyada, Mikhail Petrovich
    2. Rank: Senior Lieutenant
    3. Position and unit: commander of a T-34 platoon of the 163rd Tank Battalion, 213th Tank Brigade
    Nominated for: Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class
    4. Year of birth: 1923
    5. Nationality: Belarusian
    6. Party affiliation: Candidate member of the Communist Party
    7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War: In the Patriotic War since June 1942
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: Wounded on November 13, 1943, village of Kozyana, Vinnitsa Oblast
    9. Since when in the Red Army: April 1941
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Gresk Raion, Minsk Oblast
    11. Awards received previously (for which accomplishments): Order of the Red Star by Order of the 213th Tank Brigade nr. 031/N of December 15, 1943; award issued
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: Village of Trukhanovichi, Gresk Raion, Minsk Oblast. Father: Pyotr Andreyevich Kolyada

Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments:

During the combat operations near the village of Krybino in the Bogushevsk Raion, Vitebsk Oblast between March 23 and 31, 1944, comrade Kolyada repelled 3 enemy counterattacks and destroyed 1 antitank gun and 6 machine-gun positions, suppressed 2 mortars, and killed more than 10 Hitlerites.

He deserves the Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class.

Commander of the 163rd Tank Battalion
    Major [signed] /Zinovyev/
    March 31, 1944

Here's a photo of Kolyada and his service record translated. Again, thank you Auke!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class   Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class  

He was wounded in a battle, died of his wounds in June 1944 and was awarded Order of the Patriotic War 1st class posthumously.

????????????? ??????????? ???? ?????????? '?????? ??????'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Peculiar Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd class  

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast