Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Screwback Order of Glory?

Article about: Okay, so I saw this Order of Glory, 3rd class, for sale and it appears that someone has removed the ribbon and made it into a screwback award. Kind of peculiar. The award itself appears orig

Default Screwback Order of Glory?

Okay, so I saw this Order of Glory, 3rd class, for sale and it appears that someone has removed the ribbon and made it into a screwback award. Kind of peculiar. The award itself appears original to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Screwback Order of Glory?   Screwback Order of Glory?  

Screwback Order of Glory?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Screwback Order of Glory?
    P
    Many

?

Unusual. So the problem you as a collector have is to understand if this was done by veteran or by unethical dealer to pimp up the price....
    I am afraid it is rather the later. But we cannot be sure, can we...

Default Damaged...

Interesting.
    I would consider it a damaged piece, therefore fork over less.

I would pass on it. To me it is ruined now.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

I think it touches upon some interesting, even philisophical, issues.
    IMHO, we should alway try to see the man behind the award (otherwise we might as well collect jewellry). So if the awardee did the customization (which is indeed possible), then it makes this piece VERY interesting. IMHO. It is not damaged within this logic.
    But it can also be an atempt from some disrespectful dealer to increase the price. And I fearing the later.
    So without supporting information you need make a choise.
    But at the end of the day, there is a real man and real event behind the metal.
    Maybe this one belonged to HSU?

Quote by Egorka View Post
    I think it touches upon some interesting, even philisophical, issues.
    IMHO, we should alway try to see the man behind the award (otherwise we might as well collect jewellry). So if the awardee did the customization (which is indeed possible), then it makes this piece VERY interesting. IMHO. It is not damaged within this logic.
    But it can also be an atempt from some disrespectful dealer to increase the price. And I fearing the later.
    So without supporting information you need make a choise.
    But at the end of the day, there is a real man and real event behind the metal.
    Maybe this one belonged to HSU?
    Haha, maybe .

The award is cheaper than normal and I'd buy it if it was a modification made by the original recipient, but then again, you can never know for sure.

?

I thought that looked familiar! I saw that in October of last year and posted the image elsewhere. The only comment was: "I love these veteran modified pieces. It's obvious that it meant enough to modify it after the holding ring was likely damaged. It's in the range of 'for wounds received' but you never know if there is an interesting story to go with it." and I tend to agree; broken ring and vet-modified.

?

I think it is rather unlikely that this is a fix after damaged ring. I personally never seen OG with damaged rings due to wear. Unlike some of the campaign medals, the ring on OG is an integral part of whole construction.