Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

serial number 123123 ORDER OF RED BANNER LABOR USSR

Article about: Hi I was wondering if anyone could help with any info as to the history of this award and if possible who was the recipient,being an ORDER OF THE RED BANNER LABOR serial number engraved on r

davidg126583
    ?

Cool serial number 123123 ORDER OF RED BANNER LABOR USSR

Hi
    I was wondering if anyone could help with any info as to the history of this award and if possible who was the recipient,being an ORDER OF THE RED BANNER LABOR serial number engraved on reverse side is 123123. at an uneducated guess i am thinking it maybe around very late 1940's to early 1950's
    i would very much appreciate it if someone out there could shed some light on this.
    many thanks
    david.
    sydney, australia

2. # ADS

Default Re: serial number 123123 ORDER OF RED BANNER LABOR USSR

Hi David, welcome to the forum!

I would love to see your award, so please post some pics if you have them.

You would need to pay $100 in order to get it researched.

But I can help you with an approximate date of awarding. Approx 1949/1950.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Orders of the Red Banner of Labor cannot (yet) be researched.

Your piece was produced in December 1948 by the Leningrad Mint.

davidg126583
    ?

Hi Ade,

Thanks for the quick reply and message of welcome. May I inquire how exactly I could go about starting a research process for this Order. Also I have two ORDERS OF THE RED BANNER MILITARY with books of issue I would like to research.I will work on getting a scan to you of the Order of the Red Banner Labor.
    Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. I am read and research USSR history whenever I can as well as being a collector of USSR stamps, postcards, postal stationary, coins and banknotes.

Karyn Hudson
    ?

I was trying to research two Soviet medals I have and saw David's post and the replies. I also have an Order of Red Banner, serial number 584255 that I'd love to know more about. It was given to me many years ago by an older man who was a co-worker. I think it had been awarded to either himself or his father. I'm interested in knowing how to do further research on this too.

?

Regarding Red Banner of Labor #584255 I can only say that it was produced in early 1971 by the "Russkiye Samotsvety" company in Leningrad.

Analoguejedi
    ?

Dear auke,

I also have an order of the red banner with serial number #348324. is there any way you could help me find it's date of production? Thanks again.

Ps. Going to Kiev soon and was wondering if anyone knows a world war 2/ cold war memorabilia shop. Thanks

Al.

?

Are we talking about the military Red Banner or the Red Banner of Labor?

Military Red Banner #348324 was produced by the Moscow Mint between January and October 1951. It was probably a 1950 or 1951 long service award.

Red Banner of Labor #348324 was produced by the Leningrad Mint in 1956.

Analoguejedi
    ?

It's the military award. Thanks again for shedding some light on it's origins. I would ultimately love to find out it's original owner but it seems impossible. Any thoughts on that Auke?

Thanks again.

?

Actually that's not that difficult; using the serial number this award can be researched through the Russian Ministry of Defense archive. Have a look at my website (Researching Soviet awards) for what you will be able to find. However, since this is most probably a long service award, the story won't be that impressive (usually just describing his brave, dedicated and loyal service and his qualities as an officer) and it might not be worth the $60. But of course that's personal, and the upside is that these guys had served at least 20 years in the military and thus often were Major or higher. I will PM you regarding a researcher.