Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Set of long service medals

Article about: Hey guys, Bought a set of long service medals awarded to a Lt Lysova Robert Petrovicha. They have yet to arrive (apparently delivery from Latvia to Australia can take some time!). I was sway

?

Default Set of long service medals

Hey guys,

Bought a set of long service medals awarded to a Lt Lysova Robert Petrovicha. They have yet to arrive (apparently delivery from Latvia to Australia can take some time!). I was swayed by the fact that they had a booklet. Kind of connects me with the Lt. Anyway, here is a picture of them.

Set of long service medals

Also, I am tempted to buy an order of the red star. With a ceiling of say $150 USD, would I be able to get one with an award booklet? and from where?

Also is it difficult to research the award history from outside Russia?

Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Set of long service medals
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Set of long service medals

$150 is more than enough for a RS with doc. But it would be a long service one. Research is not difficult from anywhere. Couple of members on this forum can help you. If not let me know I'll give you contacts for the person I have done research with.

Just a quick clarification is the persons surname in buclet 'Lysova' ?? or Lysov? Robert is a man's name

?

Thanks ph3s, I'm just going off what was written on the ebay sale. Once I get them I'll post up a few close up shots so someone with translation skills can have a look.

Would be pretty neat if it was a Lt 'Lysova Roberta Petrovicha!', perhaps she flew Po-2's...

I'd been keen to get a combat red star if I could, rather than a long service award. What sort of price would I be looking at for a combat award, and where would I look that is trustworthy?

?

combat RS with booklet for $150 is possible if Universe likes you at some point. I bought an MZPP RS in great condition ones just for 28 quit keep your eyes open and happy hunting

?

It was a man, Robert Petrovich Lysov

Will send you a PM regarding Orders of the Red Star for sale.

?

Ahh excellent! Thanks Auke

?

Hi guys,

Well my awards arrived from Riga, Latvia today. Was a nice surprise after work. Here are a couple of pictures.

Attachment 356591

They are in very nice condition and book has a nice 'old house / aftershave' smell to it. I would like to think they were part of an estate.

Auke offered me a WW2 red star with booklet for a very reasonable price, so I bought that off him this morning. Hopefully that will turn up in the next few weeks.

To round out my collection a little, I also purchased a small grouping from ebay. I was only looking for a guards badge but I found this little grouping that included a germany victory medal, and a few other miscellaneous awards such as a Zhukov medal and various anniversary medals - unfortunately they do not belong to the same person, but was a pretty reasonable price. Here they are:

Attachment 356594

That will do me for now, but I think I would like to get a Defense of Stalingrad medal and perhaps an actual peice of war wreckage - perhaps a shell fragment or something next.

This collecting business grows on you!