Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky

Article about: Hello everyone in the Russian section. I am new to Warrelics but not to other forums around the net. I don't know why I didn't join sooner. I really like this place. I wanted to do a little

Default show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky

Hello everyone in the Russian section. I am new to Warrelics but not to other forums around the net. I don't know why I didn't join sooner. I really like this place.

I wanted to do a little show and tell with my Order of A. Nevsky that I had authenticated by Notabene (I don't know if he is a member here or not?).

The description on his certificate says:
    There are many tiny dings and scratches in the silver. Most of the fine details are still visable. The red enamel is in excellent condition with the exception of several tiny superficial scratches and flakes. About 60% of the gold plating remains. Straight "MOHETHЬIЙ ДBOP" mint mark is stamped below the screwpost. Serial number is hand engraved at the 6 o'clock postion. The order has a medium patina on the obverse and reverse. The order was manufactured at the Krasnokamsk Mint in 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky   show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky  

show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky   show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky
    P
    Many

Default Re: show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky

It is always a pleasure to see a new member showing his/her treasures.

Welcome!

These, among many other awards were worn during combat and for years afterward in celebrations, so wear-and-tear was inevitable.

Note-Bene is not a member, not yet, but please, feel free to share anything you want with us.

I have owned a few of these Nevskys, and other prestigious awards in the past, and silly me, sold them for one reason or another...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Default Re: show and tell: My Order of Alexander Nevsky

That is a great example. I wish I would have grabbed one back in the day, but 240 dollars was too much for my budget then!