Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Temporary War Merit medal certificate - signed Hero of the Soviet Union

Article about: Hereby I wanna show my latest arrival; a temporary certificate for the award of the Medal of War Merit, # 2.432.376, awarded september 8 1945 to Guards Red Army soldier Timofey Vladimirovich

Default Temporary War Merit medal certificate - signed Hero of the Soviet Union

Hereby I wanna show my latest arrival; a temporary certificate for the award of the Medal of War Merit, # 2.432.376, awarded september 8 1945 to Guards Red Army soldier Timofey Vladimirovich Bublik. Timofey served in the 293rd Guards Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Regiment, 96th Guards Ilovaiskaya Order of Lenin Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Division. The document is signed by Hero of the Soviet Union Colonel Aleksandr Andreevich Sviridov, commander of the 293rd Guards Red Banner Order of Suvorov Rifle Regiment.

The award citation, which unfortunately I am not able to translate. Something about shooting a German soldier in Bayreuth if I am correct?

Hero of the Soviet Union Aleksandr Andreevich Sviridov:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Temporary War Merit medal certificate - signed Hero of the Soviet Union
    P
    Many

"BUBLIK Timofey Vladimirovich for being in battles with repulsing enemy counterattacks near the railway stations of Barut of Brandenburg Provinces Germany April 26, 1945, acting boldly and contributed to the success of his unit in fulfilling the mission of the Command."

Thank you very much Bill!!

?

A small addition: "BUBLIK Timofey Vladimirovich for being in battles with repulsing enemy counterattacks near the railway stations of Barut of Brandenburg Provinces Germany April 26, 1945, acting boldly, killed one German soldier, which contributed to the success of his unit in fulfilling the mission of the Command."

This is an action at the Halbe pocket.
    My Red Star for practically the same events: Red Star # 3782263 - 42 years delayed
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Temporary War Merit medal certificate - signed Hero of the Soviet Union  

Thanks a lot Igor for coming up with this specific map. Very interesting!

Quite extraordinary to see a Red Star order being delayed so long. That is basically half a life time!

Another thing that I noticed, the War Merit medal # 2432376 is awarded for actions near Bayruth though the serial number range is usually considered to be for Long Service awards. This shows that one can not blindly follow those lists with serial number ranges and years. Each medal and order deserves own research to confirm if it is long service or actual deeds contributing to the war effort.

?

Marcel, the proper place name spelling is BARUTH : Google Maps

In German it is Bayruth. Been there myself a few times.

Edit: I see there is a Baruth but also a Bayruth in eastern Germany. Hence my confusion. Thanks Igor for pointing this out to me.

?

Marcel, I am not giving up that easily.
    Baruth it is!

Yes. With your previous post I already figured out I was wrong. I was initially thinking of the other place with a similar name, also in the same area, just a bit more west