Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Translation Help

Article about: Greetings, I recently was given this certificate for my grandfather's medal for victory over Germany. I'm able to read and translate most of it, with the exception of the cursive at the bott

Default Translation Help

Greetings, I recently was given this certificate for my grandfather's medal for victory over Germany. I'm able to read and translate most of it, with the exception of the cursive at the bottom of the certificate. I can make out the first word, which appears to be Начальник...and the signer's name appears to be Петровский. But for the life of me, I can't make out the words in the middle. Russian cursive has never been my strong suit. If anyone can help, I'd certainly appreciate it. Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Translation Help  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Translation Help
    P
    Many

The stamps appears to read 2nd Kharkov Tank School (2-е Харьковского Танковое Училище), and it is signed by the Head of the School (Нагальник 2-й ХТУ), Guards Lieutenant-Colonel (Гвардии Подполковник) Petrovskiy.

?

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    The stamps appears to read 2nd Kharkov Tank School (2-е Харьковского Танковое Училище), and it is signed by the Head of the School (Нагальник 2-й ХТУ), Guards Lieutenant-Colonel (Гвардии Подполковник) Petrovskiy.
    A little mistake: he was a Colonel (полковник).

Wow thank you!

?

Colonel PETROVSKY Vladimir Gerasimovich (1902 - 1982). He was the schools leader from March 1945 till July 1946.
    His signature and his photo.
    Translation Help
    Translation Help

What is interesting to mention, is that in 1946 the 2 Kharkov tank school was not located in Kharkov city, but in Samarkand, Uzbekistan. This is because it was avacuated there from Kharkov during the war.

Private ITIN Filipp Iosifovich was a cadet since 09/02/1944.
    Translation Help

Unbelievable, thank you so much for the time and effort!