Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

USSR OSOAVIAKHIM badge ...personal identification?

Article about: My Grandfather brought home a badge, with the story of whom it belonged to, however I can't seem to find a way to validate this information. Also was it common to find such a badge on a fema

golfinsocal
    ?

Default USSR OSOAVIAKHIM badge ...personal identification?

My Grandfather brought home a badge, with the story of whom it belonged to, however I can't seem to find a way to validate this information. Also was it common to find such a badge on a female pilot?

USSR OSOAVIAKHIM badge ...personal identification?

2. # ADS

I don't think so. From what little I know it appears to be a civilian defense badge of some sort from the late 1930's/early 1940's for OSOAVIAKhIM (Осоавиахим), the Society to Support Aviation and Chemical Defense. Note the gas mask and anti-aircraft gun and search light.

The badge is for the 'antiaircraft & antichemical defence' (ПВХО).

Any civilian person could have been awarded i.e. male and female, collective farmer and school teacher who were a members of OSOAVIAKHIM.

If the civilian was later enlisted he/she would stick this badge along with the military ones (if any) to the uniform.

The image shows the chained version of this very badge sticked to the uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture USSR OSOAVIAKHIM badge ...personal identification?  

golfinsocal
    ?

Thank you all for the replies, I guess the badge is common and non traceable. It is in mint condition, and I'd like to know its value. I've seen a few up for sale but never coupled with personal history, I guess I now know why.

I'm not entirely sure on the value of the versions, that don't have a chain, but it's not a lot. May we hear the history behind it? I for one would be interested.