MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

What does this Russian medal stand for?

Article about: I have this medal, but no idea what it stands for. Obviously it is a 265 years memorial medal, but that is ALL I know. Your help would be appreciated. Is it rare, or common? It comes in a wo

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Default What does this Russian medal stand for?

I have this medal, but no idea what it stands for. Obviously it is a 265 years memorial medal, but that is ALL I know. Your help would be appreciated. Is it rare, or common? It comes in a wooden box with a plexiglass cover. It is approx. 8 cm in diameter.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What does this Russian medal stand for?   What does this Russian medal stand for?  

What does this Russian medal stand for?  

2. # ADS

Default Re: What does this Russian medal stand for?

table medal ! i read tallin i think the city of Tallin

Hi Bob, Pierre is correct. It gives the town names of "Reval - Tallinn" in Estonia. I would imagine it is not rare and would be a souvenir type item. I am sure Dimas might be able to tell you a little more.

Cheers, Ade.

Wuerstenfuchs
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bob, Pierre is correct. It gives the town names of "Reval - Tallinn" in Estonia. I would imagine it is not rare and would be a souvenir type item. I am sure Dimas might be able to tell you a little more.

Cheers, Ade.
    Another worthless soviet medal, I guess. I have quite a few of them, and none of them are worth anything...

?

Yes. That is a commemorative medal. The Estonia is a part of Russia from 1710 year, after the North war, before Estonia was a part of Sweden. The czar Peter 1 establish in Reval Russian fleet, then builded a new sea port in Paldiski( Baltiski port pre 1918 year) and that medal is 265 years from establishing of the fleet in Tallinn. In the war time the Tallinn was a head base of Baltic fleet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by odessa1 View Post
    Another worthless soviet medal, I guess. I have quite a few of them, and none of them are worth anything...
    I disagree with your claim that it is worthless... These are not being produced any longer, and I assume that none will be produced in the foreseeable future either...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!