Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

What exactly do I have here?

Article about: I'm sure this is a modern item, but I'm no expert. Looks too new to be an original, and in fact I don't know if they even had clear plastic 80 years ago. I need to be sure though before I to

?

Default What exactly do I have here?

I'm sure this is a modern item, but I'm no expert. Looks too new to be an original, and in fact I don't know if they even had clear plastic 80 years ago. I need to be sure though before I toss it in a drawer.
    Thank-you for any help.
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture What exactly do I have here?   What exactly do I have here?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What exactly do I have here?
    P
    Many

I believe this is a Winterhilfswerk (WHW) item, made and sold to finance charitable work. There are hundreds of variations of these pieces, made of everything from plastic to wood, woven fabrics and even leather.

Some examples of other WHW pieces below.

What exactly do I have here?

Regards, B.B.

Yes its a winterhilfswerk item.

?

Thank-you !! I'm not familiar with "Winterhilfswerk". Is there any way to date when this item was produced?
    I just realized I posted in the wrong area and I apologize. Will be more careful in the future.
    Dan

Edit; I did some searching, and had no idea these were glass. I had assumed it was plastic. I'm very pleased that it's not just a cheap knock-off.

The Winterhilfswerk program ran from 1933 to 1945, during the winter months (October - March). The item could have been made at any time within that period. There won't be a way to nail down a specific date of manufacture, but you can rest easy knowing it's an authentic piece of history.

Regards, B.B.