Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Air Crew Europe Medal??

Article about: Hi Guys, I have been offered this Air Crew Europe Star Medal. Ive looked through various websites, and i tend to see that some are quite contradictory and some of the only detailed pics i ca

Default Air Crew Europe Medal??

Hi Guys,

I have been offered this Air Crew Europe Star Medal. Ive looked through various websites, and i tend to see that some are quite contradictory and some of the only detailed pics i can see are of fakes. The thing that concerns me is the positioning of the 'W' however on the next site, they say variations can occur due to a different cast being used? It just boggles me and that doesnt take much!

Im also wondering about it being a later replacement as there are the normal marks that suggest it has been knocking against other medals?

Any advice or some good photos of originals would be fantastic!

Good learning curve!

Cheers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air Crew Europe Medal??   Air Crew Europe Medal??  

Air Crew Europe Medal??   Air Crew Europe Medal??  

Air Crew Europe Medal??   Air Crew Europe Medal??  

Air Crew Europe Medal??  

Also the 5 pips on the crown concern me.

not a good one.

It's a duff one I'm afraid, the patination is wrong, too coppery, the stars are too blunt and the position of the 'I' in the 'VI' is slightly off - good side by side comparison here:
    COMPARISON PHOTOS OF GENUINE & FAKE AIRCREW EUROPE STARS

Sadly, these have been faked almost to the point of no return. As mentioned above, the blunt tips to the stars immediately make this one suspect.

Good to see you posted before buying as it is a bad one as the others have already stated. Well done to all for being on the ball over this.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

That's why you ask people here first mate! Wise choice.
    You know you are in safe hands and you get to learn and train
    yourself at picking fakes on the spot.
    thanks guys!!

he he he,mate is a lady.he ho.

another good indication that this is not genuine is the "air crew europe" having rounded edges and curved tops instead of the original square lines and flat face to the letters.

I suppose its a good enough copy for a "space filler" but thats about it im afraid.

the website link tom gave you earlier is a great one, they also have this image of an original elswhere on the site which is a good reference point:

Air Crew Europe Medal??