Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air Crew Europe Medal Real or Fake???

Article about: Hi all, i have been given the opportunity to purchase an Air Crew Europe medal, i have been told it is original but i have my doubts. There are 5 pips on the vertical band on the crown when

Default Air Crew Europe Medal Real or Fake???

Hi all, i have been given the opportunity to purchase an Air Crew Europe medal, i have been told it is original but i have my doubts. There are 5 pips on the vertical band on the crown when i have read there should be 4 and a half, is this correct for all medals? I have heard there can be slight variations on them due to different dies used.

Any help regarding the authenticity of the medal would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
    Harry

Air Crew Europe Medal Real or Fake???Air Crew Europe Medal Real or Fake???

I believe the medal to be a fake. The 'W' of Crew, should be further to the right underneath the V above it. The left of the letter should be in line with the centre of the V.

Thanks for your comment, i did have my doubts on this one, they only wanted £55 but i did not want to take a chance.

Cheers
    Harry

Has all the hallmarks of a fake, good you asked before buying. this site is pretty good on these and shows an original so you can compare the differences.

The Air Crew Europe Star, Copy? Fake? Original?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

aircrew Europe would be at least £200.

Hi, the "W" placement is the big give away, a fake it is and a costly mistake avoided!! Leon.

?

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    aircrew Europe would be at least £200.
    Indeed, with a price of 55 pounds, I would be extremely wary of this medal.

BobS

I don't care for the way the suspension ring loop is attached to the star tip either. This is especially apparent from the reverse side photo. Very crude.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

The shape of the base of the crown and the poorly pebbled background to the area with the wording are both clear indicators of a duffer.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

The shape of the letter O should be like this 0 the middle finger of the E should be shorter ,The A at the beginning of AIR should be horizontal with the last letter E in EUROPE .The website as mentioned above by Jerry B is an exellent referance but bear in mind even if all the indicators are correct it may be a cast copy so check for casting flash air bubbles etc .A dealer tried to con me once where the W was in the right place but the other indicators were all wrong,If there is one red flag don't chance it , cheers Paul p.s. this same fake is on ebay for £9

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast