Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Air Medal

Article about: No, the name seems slightly common. The first appearance was Army Air Corps and he's listed as MIA. I assume the medal is too young for that, and who in their right mind sells a medal like t

Default Re: Air Medal

No, the name seems slightly common. The first appearance was Army Air Corps and he's listed as MIA. I assume the medal is too young for that, and who in their right mind sells a medal like that? I'm hoping to get some time to look this weekend when I'm off work.

Default Re: Air Medal

Quote by Wolf308 View Post
    No, the name seems slightly common. The first appearance was Army Air Corps and he's listed as MIA. I assume the medal is too young for that, and who in their right mind sells a medal like that? I'm hoping to get some time to look this weekend when I'm off work.
    Well, I have a late issue replacement named WWI Veteran's Purple Heart that was given to me a long time ago from a friend of mine...The same question could be asked about that...The simple answer is, the possibilities are endless; The original owner may have needed money, didn't want to hold onto a bitter reminder if the medal was given because the relative was KIA, or simply because they have no interest in it. That's why we collect, to preserve history and keep the recipient of the medal's memory alive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12