Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

allied liberation of Rome medal..any thoughts or opinions?

Article about: I picked this medal up recently because it intrigued me. It obviously doesn't seem to be anything official, at least from the US government. I found mention of a couple others online includi

Default allied liberation of Rome medal..any thoughts or opinions?

I picked this medal up recently because it intrigued me. It obviously doesn't seem to be anything official, at least from the US government. I found mention of a couple others online including one of a GI who was "awarded"it in Italy. Any opinions on it would be welcomed. It seems to be silver washed bronze. Above the star on front it is marked "MIS TRV 271" possibly a maker. Measures 1 3/8 inches across.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture allied liberation of Rome medal..any thoughts or opinions?   allied liberation of Rome medal..any thoughts or opinions?  

No official status. These were made in Italy by enterprising Italian makers for sale to Allied troops.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

during the war my Father who was a non-smoker used his cigarette ration to barter for agricultural produce and stuff like this
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture allied liberation of Rome medal..any thoughts or opinions?   allied liberation of Rome medal..any thoughts or opinions?