Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

American Campaign Award - Graco / Heckethorn

Article about: Last one of the day. #5 of 5 that I picked up. This was I think my big "rookie" mistake. A mismatch award and box. I think the award is quite late (80's??) manufacture (marked Grac

MAP
    ?

Default American Campaign Award - Graco / Heckethorn

Last one of the day. #5 of 5 that I picked up.

This was I think my big "rookie" mistake. A mismatch award and box.

I think the award is quite late (80's??) manufacture (marked Graco - GI) on the clasp. But the box is early post WW2 issue by Heckethorn Mfg & Supply. Happy to be wrong...but live and learn. Still, while a mismatch, they both are legit. They just don't belong together.

Would love confirmation. Thanks

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

Yes sadly this is a restrike, but a filler for now. You can tell sometimes by the highlighting details around some of the objects. In this case in particular the Eagle has a thin outline going down the back. There is also a lacquered look to the medal and yes the GRACO stamp is another late restrike indicator, but don't be disappointed, you scored very well today with all your medals...

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rakkasan187 View Post
    MAP,

Yes sadly this is a restrike, but a filler for now. You can tell sometimes by the highlighting details around some of the objects. In this case in particular the Eagle has a thin outline going down the back. There is also a lacquered look to the medal and yes the GRACO stamp is another late restrike indicator, but don't be disappointed, you scored very well today with all your medals...

Smitty
    Yes. I am kicking myself for not noticing the lacquer. It was a "Doh" Homer moment. I KNEW is wasn't right as soon as I got home. But as I was bundling I didn't look closely enough. This one will go back. Restrike with box is one thing but this is a mismatch.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It's all good, and even better if you can bring it back..

Smitty

?

Graco is one of the biggest tell tale signs as well, they produced tons of medals in the 80s and 90s for vets who had lost theirs or never filed to get their medals

MAP
    ?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Graco is one of the biggest tell tale signs as well, they produced tons of medals in the 80s and 90s for vets who had lost theirs or never filed to get their medals
    Yes....have learned a ton in the last few weeks. To quote the Who... "I won't get fooled again". But I will return it and swap it out for another.