Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Best Xmas Prezzie Ever!

Article about: A few months back i decided through financial necessity to sell of most of my medal collection. The last one to go went to a local shop and was a Campaign Service Medal with clasp "Nort

Default Best Xmas Prezzie Ever!

A few months back i decided through financial necessity to sell of most of my medal collection. The last one to go went to a local shop and was a Campaign Service Medal with clasp "Northern Ireland" to a Royal Marine. As the Marines are classed as Special Forces this medal was particularly hard to part with, but at the time it had to go. Little did i know that my fantastic wife who had allready spent a fortune on me went back to the shop some time later discovered the medal was still in there and with my step daughter and son chipping in bought it. Xmas morning the wife made me wait until stepdaughter (who i regard as my own and she regards me as dad) Caz arrived and then gave me this prezzie in a bulky plastic box. Tearing off the paper and then the lid there was a thick layer of bubble pack to negotiate, tearing it away the first thing i saw was the ribbon then the whole medal. To say i had a big lump in my throat was an understatement. It was one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me and have to say what a great wife Sarah is. I hope everyone on Warelics Forum had a fantastic Xmas and i hope you all have a fab healthy and happy New Year. Regards, Tim Heath.

Default Re: Best Xmas Prezzie Ever!

Sorry to hear you had to sell your medal collection, i collect medals i think i've got about 30 the other day i was drinking a cup of tea, i put it on the top where my laptop was as i was watching a funny video on youtube i tilded my laptop back knocking the cup of tea onto my medal album spent the next day washing them off and cleaning the folder.

That was really nice of your wife and kids to buy the medal back i bet you where over the moon

John

very touching that Tim brilliant idea on your wife and step childrens behalf best crimbo for a long time i bet all the best to you and family you have a cracker there mate
    cheers Ronnie

You've got a great wife and family. Enjoy.

Quote by Whitehunter View Post
    Sorry to hear you had to sell your medal collection, i collect medals i think i've got about 30 the other day i was drinking a cup of tea, i put it on the top where my laptop was as i was watching a funny video on youtube i tilded my laptop back knocking the cup of tea onto my medal album spent the next day washing them off and cleaning the folder.

That was really nice of your wife and kids to buy the medal back i bet you where over the moon

John
    Hi John, Thanks loads and hope your collection didnt suffer any damage. I was thrilled to get that Northern Ireland gong back and maybe in the future i will build up another little collection as medals are fascinating and such rewarding things to own. Thanks again John and hope you have a great New Year! Regards, Tim.

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    very touching that Tim brilliant idea on your wife and step childrens behalf best crimbo for a long time i bet all the best to you and family you have a cracker there mate
    cheers Ronnie
    Thanks Ronnie, Sure was a big surprise Xmas morning even though i had to wait for daughter Caz to arrive before i was allowed to open it, which was around midday lol. Sarah (the wife) allways does the nicest things and meeting her was a blessing for sure. Hope you had a fantastic Xmas and hope that they New Year is good to you. Best Regards, Tim.

Quote by Mountaineer View Post
    You've got a great wife and family. Enjoy.
    Thanks loads-they are priceless mate and hope you had great Xmas and hope the New Year will be good to you and your family. Regards, Tim.