Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?

Article about: I would like to know your oppinion on these 4 items: - British France and Germany Star - British 1939-1945 Star - British defense Medal - British 1939-1945 medal Are they original WWII perio

Default British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?

I would like to know your oppinion on these 4 items:
    - British France and Germany Star
    - British 1939-1945 Star
    - British defense Medal
    - British 1939-1945 medal

Are they original WWII period items, replacement medals or fakes?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?   British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?  

British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?   British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?  

Default Re: British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?

All look like good original medals to me.

Here is a good site which shows originals and in some cases, like the France & Germany Star, compares them to repros:

Naming Styles on British War Medals & General Guide

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,
    There is nothing wrong with those medals all original, do you have the other six stars in the set. If so i would like to see them not many have the complete set, They look great mounted for display.
    dave.

Thank you for the link, Ade!

Very helpful.

No,

i don't have the others, but the seller has the Africa and Italy stars too.

I got my yes on those too.

I'm expecting to receive these ones i showed, soon.

Thanks

Hello Fellow Collectors, a friend of mine (from the UK) asked me how they could order replacement medals for their ancestor that served in World War I. They have their ancestor's discharge (demobilisation) papers and with that, the papers show the veteran's serial number (service number) and the places of service. The ancestor served as part of the home guard and did not see action overseas but nonetheless, with those demobilisation papers in hand, is there a specific government (UK) division they can write to obtain replacement medals? Thank you. (I am posting this message here on this string and another string as well).

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Unless he had anything other than the normal medals, i.e. defence medal, war medal etc. probably be easier to buy them from eBay, as they weren’t named anyway?
    "Per Ardua"

I love the British Campaign stars and medals Great design and even the colours of the ribbons mean somthing. A word of warning there are now repros of all of these medals on ebay now most are chinese rubbish incredibly almost the same price of originals. The most valuable is the Aircrew of europe, Lots of fakes of these. Post here before purchase! Here is my set for reference. Regards Paul.

British Stars and Medals: original, replacement or fakes?