Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British veterans medals, Italy Star, etc.

Article about: Hi all, between objects in an antique shop specializing in antique English silver, I found these decorations that belonged to a British Soldier of Liverpool. I know that medal are not rare,

Default British veterans medals, Italy Star, etc.

Hi all,
    between objects in an antique shop specializing in antique English silver, I found these decorations that belonged to a British Soldier of Liverpool.
    I know that medal are not rare, but among them there was also a beautiful "Italy Star" and the owner name, I decided to take and I share with you.........a good way to remember "Mr. Albert of Liverpool" who fought in my country.

greetings
    Roberto

British veterans  medals, Italy Star, etc.British veterans  medals, Italy Star, etc.British veterans  medals, Italy Star, etc.British veterans  medals, Italy Star, etc.British veterans  medals, Italy Star, etc.British veterans  medals, Italy Star, etc.

?

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Hi all,

I know that medal are not rare, but among them there was also a beautiful "Italy Star" and the owner name, I decided to take and I share with you.........a good way to remember "Mr. Albert of Liverpool" who fought in my country.
    As you say there not rare but there is a story and a man who fought for his country behind them medals thanks for the thread

Nice to get them in the box of issue.

One day they will became researchable once the archives are open to all.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Ade,
    you are right, it would be very interesting to know the history of the owner.

greetings
    Roberto

These are terrific, what a great find!

?

Roberto, he can be researched however, at present it's a service you'll need to pay the MoD (records aren't online) for as well as paying for a copy of his death certificate.

On the underneath of the box the name of the record office may give an indication of his unit or branch of service.

Tony

There are Godfrey's still living in the Everton area of Liverpool it seems. I know the areas quite well, having worked in the area a while ago

Queens Road, Everton, Liverpool, was not far from the Bootle Docks and the area took a pounding from the Luftwaffe in the early days of the war, and still shows the scars to this day.
    Looking at the area today, its all been rebuilt which indicates that it must have taken allot of pumishment by bombing during the Liverpool Blitz.

Cheers

Thanks HistoryMan,
    good information!

Quote by OldSteel View Post
    Thanks HistoryMan,
    good information!
    No problem

Its puzzling somewhat how the medals found their way to Italy

Cheers

?

I forgot to mention that until WWII records go online not knowing the soldier's number/unit might result in the service record not being searched for. Mind you, there's not much in the way of detail on them anyway. My grandfather left for France in June 1944 and the only thing on his record that stood out was being stopped by the MP's for speeding in his tank.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast