MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?

Article about: HI guys, I have been working long and hard on this militaria collection-catalog project, and I would like to know what category I should put these medals into. Can anyone identify the timefr

Default Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?

HI guys,

I have been working long and hard on this militaria collection-catalog project, and I would like to know what category I should put these medals into. Can anyone identify the timeframe that each of these three medals fit into?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?   Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?  

Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?   Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?  

Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?   Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?  

?

Default Re: Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?

The bronze star and good conduct appear to be ww2, but I am not so sure about the Distinguished Service though

Default Re: Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?

Thanks, I'm pretty sure the Good Conduct Medal is WWII, but the other two are the ones I'm not so sure of.

?

I'm thinking that the service cross might be a government remake

Anyone else know about these?

The good conduct medal is definitely WWII era. The two stitches holding the ribbon to the pin are a dead giveaway.

Do you have close up, detailed pics of the backs of the other two medals?

Joe is correct - WWII era medals usually have a 'slot brooch'. The SS and DSC
    seem to have 'crimp brooch' style pins and are probably 60's-70's, my guess.
    I'd like to see the backside of the DSC a bit closer as well.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks guys!

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Joe is correct - WWII era medals usually have a 'slot brooch'. The SS and DSC
    seem to have 'crimp brooch' style pins and are probably 60's-70's, my guess.
    I'd like to see the backside of the DSC a bit closer as well.........
    Did you want to see the backside of the medal itself, or the ribbon and pin?

The ribbon and pin set-up will show if it's later than WWII.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Some closer shots.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?   Bronze Star, Distinguished Service Cross, and Good Conduct Medal- Eras?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast