Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Brother's medal grouping

Article about: I was at a local antique store and I purchased a medal grouping from them their are a total of three named medals two bronze stars and one silver star. One of the bronze stars and the silver

Default Brother's medal grouping

I was at a local antique store and I purchased a medal grouping from them their are a total of three named medals two bronze stars and one silver star. One of the bronze stars and the silver star belong to one person and the other bronze star belongs to his brother. It also comes with a purple heart, campaign medals, some ribbon bars and a CIB. If anyone can help me find these brothers or could give me a price range I would appreciate it. - Nick K

Brother's medal groupingBrother's medal groupingBrother's medal groupingBrother's medal groupingBrother's medal groupingBrother's medal groupingBrother's medal grouping

MAP
    ?

Did you try the national archives? This is a good starting place.

Veterans' Service Records
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I just did a boat load of research but the one thing I cant find is the general orders that state what he did to receive the silver star. Also I need to sell this grouping can anyone help me price it? - Nick K

?

nkumburis, Why try to find the history if your going to sell it anyway ?? Just asking ... G

I like to do as much research so when I pass it on the new owner they have all the information about the awardee. I also like to do research for the sake of research its fun. - Nick K

Quote by Gwar View Post
    nkumburis, Why try to find the history if your going to sell it anyway ?? Just asking ... G
    Ummm, perhaps it is because it will be worth more to a buyer if more of the history is known?

Regards,

Lance

Quote by militariaone View Post
    Ummm, perhaps it is because it will be worth more to a buyer if more of the history is known?

Regards,

Lance
    And thats true too, why would I sell a grouping when its not truly complete. - Nick K

?

I collect from a history stand point as well.. Not to "Squabble" gents... G
    I have my own opinion though.. Thanks for posting...G