Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Can anyone ID these medals/pins?

Article about: Hi can anyone ID and educate me on these medals/pins Thanks, John

Default Can anyone ID these medals/pins?

Hi can anyone ID and educate me on these medals/pins
    Thanks,
    John

?

Default Re: Can anyone ID these medals/pins?

The red star looks to be a soviet hat badge . The US with the photo is a sweet heart pin the US is a collar brass for the dress uniform, you also have an army air force technicians badge and a drivers badge

Whats a sweet heart pin? Any Idea of value on any of the badges/pins?

You're probably looking at $30-$40 or so. The US 'Driver-W' badge is for operators
    of wheeled vehicles. The AAF badge is missing its bar and does not look like
    it's sterling silver. Sweetheart pins and badges were sent home
    to wives and girlfriends.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the help steve!!

No problem. Gary was also correct with his post.
    Regards,

Steve.

The size of the chevron looks like a female class A (dress) uniform privtae stripe

vigleen84: RH1941, Walkwolf, and StinkPotPete have answered your question, so let me expand on those answers a bit. The US with the attached locket is actually an officer's collar or lapel emblem. A sweetheart pin is something that soldiers gave to their girlfriends and wives. There were all kinds of sweetheart pins made and sold for every branch of the service and every speciality. The flat disk US is an enlisted man's collar or lapel insignia. The radial engine/propeller is an Army Air Force technician's basic qualification badge. The small loops at the bottom are for attaching the man's technical specialty rating. Here is an example of how they looked. This badge has one bar but there were men who had two or three since the specialties covered a wide range of tasks. As you can see, each bar had two rings at the bottom for attaching another bar. This qualification badge is much like a shooter's qualification badge in that it allows for the addition of several bars, forming in some cases a very long ladder. The various speciality bars make a nice collection to go with the basic badge. If you want a list of the authorized speciality bars, send me a PM and I'll send you the list, which is quite long. Dwight

The Soviet cap star in an M1936. Note the two part construction, with separate hammer and sickle. Are the prongs still intact on the back?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!