Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

China Service Award USMC

Article about: Just got this in the mail as a gift from a very fine gentleman. A nice clean US China Service award. Overall condition is excellent with just some minor discoloration on the front. These are

MAP
    ?

Default China Service Award USMC

Just got this in the mail as a gift from a very fine gentleman.

A nice clean US China Service award. Overall condition is excellent with just some minor discoloration on the front.

These are interesting in that they were awarded twice.

The first period was 1937 to 1939 and the second from 1945 to 1957

This one is a crimp brooch with knob suspension ring which indicates 2nd period of eligibility (1945 to 1957). Early versions had rim numbers, wrap brooch and ring suspension

China Service Award USMC

China Service Award USMC
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

It is, without a doubt, one of my favorite American decorations. Mine is from the navy.
    I'll try to upload some pictures tomorrow morning.
    Best regards.

Now I do not have my magnifying glass, but under the needle I think it has the following engraving: GRACO - GI

MAP
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Now I do not have my magnifying glass, but under the needle I think it has the following engraving: GRACO - GI
    Ya know. I pulled it out of the package and snapped these two photos. I didn't notice that. Will need to look.

If so, I think that would put it later (a replacement award)

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The China Marine are for the most part a lost part of military history. Fine medal you have. Here are a few negatives I have left from a CM grouping I had a few years back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture China Service Award USMC   China Service Award USMC  

China Service Award USMC   China Service Award USMC  

China Service Award USMC  
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Thanks Marty. This was on my to get list of US awards. So another boxed check.

?

Very nice medal Michael, That being from the second wave to china service. Maybe it's this Guy's.
    China Service Award USMC

Capt. John Glenn in the middle

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    I just checked. Must have been the original angle of the photo but there are no marking under the pin. So no a replacement but part of the 2nd issue.

China Service Award USMC

MAP
    ?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Very nice medal Michael, That being from the second wave to china service. Maybe it's this Guy's.
    China Service Award USMC

Capt. John Glenn in the middle

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks bud!

I just confirmed above that is doesn't say GRACO. So it is definitely of this period! So I'll go with this belonging to Mr. Glenn!!!! LoL!!!!

?

Michael,
    I'm sure you searched this subject, but for those that have not. Here is the site for those Devil Dogs and where I had gotten that pic.
    The China Marines > Tientsin > Marine Activities Post War

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast