Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

croix de guerre

Article about: Opinions on this one? Hallmarked on one cross wing small but cannot make it out More to come on this once I have seen it in person and pick up with other 2 medals. I have a good feeling abou

?

Default croix de guerre

Opinions on this one? Hallmarked on one cross wing small but cannot make it out More to come on this once I have seen it in person and pick up with other 2 medals. I have a good feeling about this one for various reasons that I will wait to share.

Rossi

croix de guerre
    croix de guerre
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hello, a nice one with one palme or palm...
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Croix de Guerre - avec Palme... difficult to say from the picture which palm you have, although it looks to be bronze. Silver-gilt was awarded to Free French forces in WW2. Bronze palm was awarded at army level, and a silver palm equals five bronze palms. Here is my WW1 equivalent awarded to Sgt Joseph Vianey in 1917 for taking out his half section and attacking an enemy strongpoint which was heavily defended with machine-guns. This one - also with two bronze stars, was awarded at Division level, and I also have his award and citation at regimental level.

Cheers,
    Steve

croix de guerre

?

Okay. Too excited to wait to share but did not want to get ahead of myself. Waiting to hear from the Lundgren family on Elmer's 2nd other Purple heart I am trying to procure. I am trying to get all the medals to go with his capture, shipped back SS Dagger with Papers and Bring Back Box we bought years ago. With Lance's (MilitariaOne's Helping me unearth names & other Data he gave the other day it helped

I have been in touch with them but likely will not be able to meet them until later this week. They are not sure if they can find the 2nd purple heart and believe it is lost or with another family member. The ones I am trying to get they have sent poor pictures below & hoping I can see them in person later this week. They have been respectful of my request and offer to buy them for a decent amount of money so I have no doubt if they are as up and up people as I think these medals are all good.

I am giddy with the prospect of being able to offer a good chunk of cash to pair them with dagger from his family. I am also a little afraid they might not be willing to part with them which I would totally respect. They said they would discuss with the family. They were very gracious and were happy to see I still had the dagger bought many years ago. If it does not work out and I could see them I may ask if I can at least photo shoot them as a grouping if they don't want to sell. Either way the hunt is alive and fun either way.

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

croix de guerre

As a former soldier, I always find it very sad when families decide to part with personal memento's - such as medals. I cannot understand why they do it, surely it cannot always be about the need for money? Do they have no understanding or respect of what soldiers had to go through and endure, to become recipients of such rewards? I understand that with some families, there comes a time when there is simply no-one left to hand them down to, and they have no choice put to dispose of them. But as a collector, I am thankful that such items DO come on the market.

Cheers,
    Steve

?

Yes. I agree. I almost in some ways feel bad given this man’s life was good as all men in uniform are. We shall see as I have layers to work through and want to be patient and respectful. Secondly the dagger will likely never be sold while I am alive so for me it will be honored by his service and the 82nds. They told me they are thinking and discussing. All I can do is wait.

Wow, incredible collection. Rossi, I have no doubt you will give Elmer's hard earned treasures the respect they deserve. They couldn't have ended up with a better man.

Jay

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post
    Wow, incredible collection. Rossi, I have no doubt you will give Elmer's hard earned treasures the respect they deserve. They couldn't have ended up with a better man.

Jay
    You are very kind Jay. I did find out that one of the Purple Crosses was lost and they cannot locate it but are checking with what family remains. I will know more by the end of the week or next week for sure. We have 3 of the 4. It really is up to them if they want to part with them at this time. I made a very strong offer on the 3 as it would mean a great deal to me to have them with the dagger.

Rossi

?

Quote by sitges1990 View Post

Jay
    I also owe a big load of gratitude to Lance (Militaria One) who helped me locate some more details than I presently had. He is a good and gracious man.

Rossi

Default Elmer as the Assistant Principal in 1959.

More Elmer's goodness for ya:-)

Elmer is standing on the viewer's left. This image is from the 1959 Edina (Minnesota) Morningside High School Year Book. "Go Hornets!"

Best,

V/r Lance

Double click image to enlarge.

croix de guerre

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast