Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

czech pilots badge made in London

Article about: him need help real or fake ? british made czech pilots badges ,if real values ??

Default czech pilots badge made in London

him need help real or fake ? british made czech pilots badges ,if real values ??
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech pilots badge made in London   czech pilots badge made in London  

czech pilots badge made in London   czech pilots badge made in London  

Default Re: czech pilots badge

Kev
    I can not say if they are OK – From my experience, Czech badges almost never come up (similar very small quantities as Polish).

Over years I have seen a real one only one time included in the set with some Polish Air force related items – a number of Polish pilots are featured on photographs with Czech badges alongside Polish.
    Do You have any paperwork with them this may help?

I do Polish stuff, and really Air Force is very difficult to come by and very heavily and smartly counterfeited. Each time I buy the Polish Air Force badges, I go to Sikorski Institute in London to compare with original ones that are displayed on uniforms. Unfortunately, I have not seen a Czech ones there.

I will ask around some colleagues who do Polish Air Force if they have some pictures of Czech badges.
    It may also be a good idea to visit the RAF Museum in Hendon (north London) – do not remember if the Czech uniforms are there, but Polish Yes.

Quote by kevin1947 View Post
    him need help real or fake ? british made czech pilots badges ,if real values ??

Default Re: czech pilots badge

Kev
    This one is in my collection - the one i have mentioned come with Polish set and with paper-work for Sq Leader Slauf Vaclav.
    I have problems myself with identification.

See the names / letters on the back
    spink & son Ltd - You do not have Ltd

i will Polish Fellows focused on Air Force in the old country
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech pilots badge made in London  

Default Re: czech pilots badge made in London

Guys, I recently bought a medal group, logbooks, other documentation and a Czech pilot's badge in its case that were all awarded to an RAF Navigator who was attached to an RAF Czech squadron. Included is a citation for the Czech badge. The badge is stamped on the back "Spink & Son, London, Silver", Ltd does not appear. London and Silver appear on separate lines. I'll post a photo in due course.

Please post the pictures of your badge. I am very interested to learn more to find out if there had been 2 patterns of Czech Pilot's badge by Spink
    A

Quote by theaussie View Post
    Guys, I recently bought a medal group, logbooks, other documentation and a Czech pilot's badge in its case that were all awarded to an RAF Navigator who was attached to an RAF Czech squadron. Included is a citation for the Czech badge. The badge is stamped on the back "Spink & Son, London, Silver", Ltd does not appear. London and Silver appear on separate lines. I'll post a photo in due course.

Guys, Sorry it's a bit late coming but he's some photos of the Czech Pilot's Qualification Badge. It came directly from the RAF Navigator's family. You can see that it is impressed "SPINK & SON", LTD does not appear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture czech pilots badge made in London   czech pilots badge made in London  

czech pilots badge made in London  

Quote by kevin1947 View Post

Both are genuine, the top one is pre-war made piece, possibly made (the hallmark cannot be read clearly from your pic) by a state mint in Kremnica, Slovakia.
    The bottom one is a beautiful example of Spink. There's two types and hallmarks may vary (one-liner, 2lines, "ltd" omitted, etc.)
    If you're interested in the price, mail me.

Quote by theaussie View Post
    Guys, Sorry it's a bit late coming but he's some photos of the Czech Pilot's Qualification Badge. It came directly from the RAF Navigator's family. You can see that it is impressed "SPINK & SON", LTD does not appear.
    this one is the observer/navigator badge (compare the gilt on wings/wreath to the pilot badge). Real beauty out here...

pilot
    ?

Hi friends, look : .:: Leteck odznaky ::., WWIIWings

hi guys,
    I know this thread's been dead for a while now, but if there's anyone here who would consider selling a Czech OBSERVER badge made by spink, drop me a line.
    cheers,
    s.