Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

D-DAY Vets Legion d' Honneur.

Article about: Evening gents, as some of you may remember, my Granddad was on the first wave into Sword Beach on the 6th June 1944. I recently applied on his behalf (as he does not know the top from the bo

Hello,
    Well done congrats...
    Glad to see that there are still some Légions d'Honneur that go to soldiers/vets who risked their life instead of actors, singers or even clowns....
    Thanks
    PREUSSENS GLORIA

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    Well done congrats...
    Glad to see that there are still some Légions d'Honneur that go to soldiers/vets who risked their life instead of actors, singers or even clowns....
    Thanks
    Thanks you Sir, a great sentiment that I agree whole heartedly with. I guess most of the "clowns" are the Politicians who send us mugs to war! I did my "bit" in the ROC but sadly I can neither sing or dance so no medal for me!!. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Since he is president, Hollande gave 273 Légions d'Honneur!

It's a lot.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Quote by lebus12 View Post
    Since he is president, Hollande gave 273 Légions d'Honneur!

It's a lot.
    Probably not far off the total amount of VC's ever given!
    Whatever the nations criteria is for awarding their honours, I for one applaud recognition of servicemen who fought on foreign soils against fascism. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

well deservered.

I don't know what to say that hasn't been said already. Well done helping your granddad with acquiring this deserved honor, and thanks for sharing!
    "Only a real risk tests the reality of a belief." - C.S. Lewis

Bravo!!

Your Grandfather looks very happy, please thank him from us for his brave dedication to freedom. Nice work! Bob

Thank you gentlemen for all your kind words, I will make sure how appreciated Vic's service during the war is passed on to him. Leon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12