Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

DFC_Wrapped Brooch

Article about: Guys, here is a recent purchase from a WWII AAC Vet. Thought you'd like to see. Best, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default DFC_Wrapped Brooch

Guys, here is a recent purchase from a WWII AAC Vet. Thought you'd like to see. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DFC_Wrapped Brooch   DFC_Wrapped Brooch  

DFC_Wrapped Brooch   DFC_Wrapped Brooch  

Default Re: DFC_Wrapped Brooch

Nice example. However, this version was for the Navy and Marine Corps. It is possible that some were requisitioned from the Navy Dept. for the AAC in a time of brief shortage of supply, as stranger things have happened during wartime. The difference between the Army and N/MC versions is in the eye suspension at the top of the cross. The N/MC versions were struck at the US Mint and the suspension ring was applied after striking the cross and prop planchet. The Army version featured the eye at the top incorporated into the medal as one piece.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Hal
    ?

Default Re: DFC_Wrapped Brooch

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Nice example. However, this version was for the Navy and Marine Corps. It is possible that some were requisitioned from the Navy Dept. for the AAC in a time of brief shortage of supply, as stranger things have happened during wartime. The difference between the Army and N/MC versions is in the eye suspension at the top of the cross. The N/MC versions were struck at the US Mint and the suspension ring was applied after striking the cross and prop planchet. The Army version featured the eye at the top incorporated into the medal as one piece.
    Hi Steven, thanks for the information. I thought this might be Navy issue but wasn't sure; also have his Air Medal (Sewn Brooch ), and I.D-( Badge-B-24 training.)