MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

distinguished service cross WW2???

Article about: is it WW2??? its for sale for \\$175usd,is that a good deal???

Default distinguished service cross WW2???

is it WW2??? its for sale for $175usd,is that a good deal???
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture distinguished service cross WW2???   distinguished service cross WW2???  

Default Re: distinguished service cross WW2???

This is a product of the Robbins Co. given the black brooch; this would date this piece to 1944-45 if I recall correctly. The asking price is not at all out of line.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

it doesn't have a case tho is it still good

Case or no case, still a good buy in my opinion.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

thanks for your input i will probably buying it within a few days.

You are most welcome...I sent you a PM. You may want to CK that one out...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

a1i50n
    ?

I know this is reviving an old thread, but I was hoping for some help. My great-great uncle was awarded the DSC and the Croix de Guerre posthumously in 1918. The medals have disappeared into the possession of an unknown distant relative and I fear I will never see them again. As such, I decided to find period replacement medals that I can pass down on my side of the family (not representing them as HIS, but period replacements of medals he received - I'm not trying to fool anyone). Anyway I found a period Croix de Guerre on ebay, but can't seem to find, or rather I don't know how to identify, nor where to buy a 1918 DSC, since ebay isn't an option. Can you tell me what to look for to identify it as a WWI medal and where's a good place to look for one? Thanks so much in advance for your assistance - this really means a great deal to me.

I wouldn't know sorry. But I own a ww2 cased dsc.

a1i50n
    ?

I received an email from a gentleman who said that a WW2 replacement would probably be the best way to go anyway, because they sell for about $250, as opposed to a WW1, which sell for about $3000 for the medal alone and $5000-7000 with papers and photos. I think for now I'll settle for the replacement from the Army and cross my fingers that the real thing comes out of the woodwork eventually.

Yeah that would probably be the best thing to do.