Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites

Article about: Hello everyone it's amazing what people throw away, i've worked at household waste sites for many years, every item i'm going to list is what someone has thrown away. Every item was found in

?

Default Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites

Hello everyone

it's amazing what people throw away, i've worked at household waste sites for many years, every item i'm going to list is what someone has thrown away. Every item was found in the landfill bins, so all items would have gone to landfill and lost forever. If you think about it, for every 1 item i and my work mates have found, we have probably missed another 5.
    Will post many more items.

Regards
    darren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites   Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites  

Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites   Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites  

Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites   Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites  

Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites  

Default Re: Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites

WOW good one you! Can't wait to see your new additions!
    Thanks, Glen.

I'm glad to see that someone else is saving things from the trash heap, too!

Interesting finds - rather a shame to see war medals and other family history items being thrown away.

Dumpster divers!

Some people just need a slap....

Keep it up mate!

Good to see these items are saved from being buried though you are doing future archaeologists out of a job.

I have previously mused on how efficient recycling will affect those archaeologists yet to come and how they view our period and it's apparent lack of finds and will they see it as time of great decline with few traces of material culture. Probably the wrong place to post such ramblings and I am all in favour of efficient recycling as we are destroying this world of ours and maybe there will be no archaeologists in the future as we will have all died out because of our actions.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

in the 50s thousands of medals and badges were thrown in the dustbin or to the scrapman,and I happened to be on the spot,that also includes uniforms british and german. oh glory days.harry