Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites

Article about: hi again it's very sad what some people throwaway, if you could give any info on the items i list, that would be wonderful. to open a another persons rubbish bag and find some medals, badges

?

Default Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites

hi again

it's very sad what some people throwaway, if you could give any info on the items i list, that would be wonderful.
    to open a another persons rubbish bag and find some medals, badges or some other military items it's probably one of the best things you can experience. it really can make your heart miss a beat. i'm really excited about listing more of my dump finds, most of them are boxed at my mums, as i've just moved. THE BEST THING ABOUT MY COLLECTION IS THAT IT WAS ALL FREE.

REGARDS
    DARRENDump finds. All items came from household waste sitesDump finds. All items came from household waste sitesDump finds. All items came from household waste sites[ATTACH=CONFIG]

Default Re: Dump finds. All items came from household waste sites

Thats so sad, thrown away. Its bad enough when family members sell their inheritence, but to be thrown away. Any better description of the memorial plaque? I.e. Whats the full name, ta.

- - Updated - -

Thats so sad, thrown away. Its bad enough when family members sell their inheritence, but to be thrown away. Any better description of the memorial plaque? I.e. Whats the full name, ta.

To see boxed Medals tossed away in the rubbish like so much kitchen parings....Lordy... It makes one wonder just what Else has been thrown away over the years....Is This where the un-accounted for VC's have disappeared to? Have Ritters gone the way of yesterdays fish dinner bones? Years ago, I knew a slob in Chicago that was paid to clear out basements, buildings, what have you...he could keep anything he found-the owners could care less- he would show me what he found-coin collections, still locked floor safes, jewelry boxes still full....just amazing stuff. People that throw such things away should have a slap upside the head....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Captains shoulder straps from a SD tunic, REME buttons, other rank pips, Sergeant majors sleeve badge (Queens Crown), 39-45 star, defence medal, war medal Africa star, death plaque, Canadian buttons etc....

Great stuff and so sad to see it all has been thrown away
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Your not wrong wigraff. There is a tale of one VC which was found in a draw at MOD offices. Ive traced a couple to graves (do you have a spade). Also trying to research lost ones which their disappearance don't make sense.

That's a great collection you saved...amazing how people think that these items don't deserve a worthy home

Regarding the plaque, the only likely candidate that I can find is the chap shown below. The information is from "Soldiers Died in the Great War":

Name: Frederick James Wade

Birth Place: London

Death Date: 16 Aug 1917

Death Location: France & Flanders

Enlistment Location: Brentwood, Essex

Regiment: Lancashire Fusiliers

Battalion: 9th Battalion

Number: 20767

Type of Casualty: Killed in action

Theatre of War: Western European Theatre

Comments: Formerly R/24994, K.R.R.C.

He has no known grave and is remembered on the Tyne Cot Memorial.

The boxed medals look like late issues to me - the boxes are correct for late issue rather than immediate post WW2 and the stars look like they may well have the larger late issue rings. Any names on the boxes?

Such a shame ! An old Vet passes, and his beloved treasures get tossed
    - like 'kitchen parings', as William (Wagriff) stated above.
    A simple slap is not enough !

Please show more of your finds Dmacmm, as they are very interesting
    and yet have a sadness about them.........
    Regards,

Steve.

I have wanted an Italy star for my collection since i was a child and they threw one out!!!! I dislike people.

That is really sad that someone just through out all of these buttons and medals. To think what the person had to go through to have the right to wear the medals and then to have family just toss them out in the trash lake it's worthless, both for the historical and family are-loom and for the price. On the flip side, nice find, and happy hunting!

From Alex