Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Estate auction finds

Article about: Hello,some may not belong here but i will need some help as i dont know much on what i have.thanks everyone..

?

Default Estate auction finds

Hello,some may not belong here but i will need some help as i dont know much on what i have.thanks everyone..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estate auction finds  

?

Default Re: Estate auction finds

Other side.

?

These three came together.

In the lower picture the medium sized cross with the knights head is a watch fob from the Knights Templar, I believe. The fob on the left I am not sure about. The Big Cross is an American St. John's Commandery of the Youngstown chapter of the Knights Templar, I think it says 26? All Lodges are numbered. I thought these were worn on the tunic, or a colar, but I don't see a ring. I have not seen one so close to an Iron Cross before. It is usually more like a medal, or "jewel".
    The cat that owned that was Knight with them (that's what the KT means). If you know his name you might be able to do some research on it. Most lodges like to get this sort of thing back...well, in Canada they do, so they can be passed on to new members, or retired with honors for more prominent members.
    The fobs are very sought after by members. The one with the working visor I have seen before.

?

Wow,thanks so very much as thats such a big help.! You are right the visor does work ,as i just tryed it neat.!thanks again now i just have to figure out how to sell ?i guess leave them in the groups i bought them in and realy i just want to make a few dollars on each group for my time and gas ,as iam not out to make a lot as i have fun at the auctions..take care and thanks so much.!!

..apparently it was chartered in 1869, so the big cross may be a Founder's Medal...?

?

You have realy been such a big help on these,thanks so much again as when i first looked i did thing it was german..then i did not see a swastica and new it was something different..

Well...if that big cross is something to do with the founding of a new Commandery, St. John's may like to have that back. A founders medal is given to each cat that starts the Temple out, so it's rare.

..and no problem-o Pammy, it's nice to actually know the answer to something and give back to the forum

?

you been such a big help,maybe someone will pm me thats interested that see s this?