Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

family medal sold at auction

Article about: While doing some research on my grandmother's cousin who was a winner of the military medal and later killed during WW1, I came across an archive sale page from the London Dealers, Dix,Noona

great news, and im glad that the current purchaser was ok with returning it!
    i too would love to see a pic when it returns home!

all the best
    Ed

Hi JWP, that's quite a touching story, Im also pleased for you. Congrats.
    Regards SK

jwp
    ?

thanks again all, will do some pics when medal arrives,
    cheers,
    John,family medal sold at auctionfamily medal sold at auction

?

John I am very happy for you & that some good detective work....Looking forward to the pictures.. Cheers Terry.

?

Congrats! That's awesome. Im sure we all have a story like this...but This reminds me....when I started collecting, I contacted a family regarding a US ww2 Ike Jacket/medals/ribbons/photos I had bought as I wanted more info on the Vet. I got a letter back from the son, who was very excited and had been searching for his Fathers ww2 items for years at local flea markets and stores etc, since an ex-wife of the Vet sold them at a yard sale when the vet died, without them knowing. Luckily I got the entire group back to him, where it belonged.
    Ive heard collectors say "that's why you never contact the family looking for info".....but I think its wrong to hold onto an item if the family wants it back in most circumstances. Anyway, congrats

jwp
    ?

A great day ! the MM is back within the family, very proud to be the custodian of it, many thanks all for your help,
    regards,
    John.family medal sold at auctionfamily medal sold at auctionfamily medal sold at auctionfamily medal sold at auction

Wonderful ending to the story!!

?

Glad you got it back!!!!!

Dean O

Hi John, congratulations on the recovery of the family medal, a nice ending to this story,
    Regards SK

?

Congratulations John a very happy ending to your search you must be ecstatic to have it home were it belongs.
    My hats off as well to the person who purchased it from the dealer and realized the significance and how important it was to you to recover your families history and to return/sell it back.

Regards Mark

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast