Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

FEPOW MBE Medal Group

Article about: Hi all. I picked up this medal group to an prisoner of the Japanese. He was a Warrant Officer in the Royal Artillery and according to records was capture on 15th February 1942 while his unit

Default FEPOW MBE Medal Group

Hi all. I picked up this medal group to an prisoner of the Japanese. He was a Warrant Officer in the Royal Artillery and according to records was capture on 15th February 1942 while his unit were at Singapore. With this in mind, I would have expected to see the Pacific Star rather than the Burma Star as part of this group. I am happy with the authenticity of the medals themselves and have the original supporting documents for his MBE (awarded for services while a POW whatever they may have been), this WO certificate, dog tag and a couple of other bits, all of which came from the family apparently, although I am suspicious that the mounted trio with the Burma Star has been "added". Any opinions on this would be much appreciated. Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FEPOW MBE Medal Group  

Hi, I would expect a Singapore POW group to have a Pacific star instead of the Burma star too. Just one thought, could he have been a POW who escaped/formed an escape party? Maybe that would explain the star anomaly and the award of the MBE for POW services? Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi, I would expect a Singapore POW group to have a Pacific star instead of the Burma star too. Just one thought, could he have been a POW who escaped/formed an escape party? Maybe that would explain the star anomaly and the award of the MBE for POW services? Leon.
    POW escaper seems like a good call. I have found his name on an online list that seems dedicated to awards to POW escapers in the Far East (Frank Foster in the middle) but it still just says for services as a POW rather than escape and evasion as others do. Also it says various theatres, so maybe this clears up the Burma Star question?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FEPOW MBE Medal Group  
    Last edited by Spitace41; 06-10-2019 at 06:56 PM.