Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

A gift from David McNerney

Article about: by Paul E Ned your apology is good for me , what i am saying is lets try and not post things like this in the first place we and then we wouldn't have to have these conversations and hindsig

Default A gift from David McNerney

Congressional Medal of Honor recipient 1st Sgt.. David h. McNerney was awarded the CMOH on March 22 1967. he also graduated high school at my high school Saint Thomas high school. he served 2 tours in Korea and 4 in Vietnam. on Friday night they showed the film Honor in the Valley of Tears. mostly every one there was Vets. it was my and 4 other kids attending saint thomas. I talked to him a lot and he could tell he was not feeling well. I told him how honored i was to met him and how thankful I was to met him. Because he wasnt feeling good he was going to leave 1/2 way through the film but he didnt leave. He answered some questions i asked about his 2 PHs and another guy asked about his dads DSC. I went after the movie and d talked to him some more he told me to wait aside for min. and i went to shake his hand he hesitated then put his hand in his pocket and made sure no one was looking he gave me this coin and now it is my most prized possession. i thank him for his gift and gallantly. I recently found out his wife passed away in 2003 and he has lung cancer and is not expected to make it past september. i hope every one keeps him in there prayers. god bless you Mr.McNerney you truly are an America hero.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A gift from David McNerney   A gift from David McNerney  

Default Re: A gift from David McNerney

A very moving story, it's just a shame that your shoddy, reverse image photo's don't honour him in any way. I would of hoped that you could do better than this very poor display, afterall, it's not too difficult if you put the effort in that is deserved instead of thinking, 'that'll work!' is it? If you genuinely mean it, get it right. That's the least that can be expected for this man.

Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

i sorry but my computer only takes reverse photos i cant change that. any way im only 14 and i dont just leave it around its in a ring box. i cant do any thing else. im writing him a letter and he is a nice guy i wasn't thinking that'll work i have no camera with me so thats that.

if it makes you happy i took these from my phone. I honer this man he is my hero. but they are low quality
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A gift from David McNerney   A gift from David McNerney  

at the end of the day at least your trying if you mess around with your webcam seetings you can get reverse images done its there somewhere i noticed it on your previous post but at least your trying and showing your items rather than keeping them away from the eyes of those who will enjoy them

thank you thats what i wanted to do

Quote by Hunt for the IronCross View Post
    Congressional Medal of Honor recipient 1st Sgt.. David h. McNerney was awarded the CMOH on March 22 1967. he also graduated high school at my high school Saint Thomas high school. he served 2 tours in Korea and 4 in Vietnam. on Friday night they showed the film Honor in the Valley of Tears. mostly every one there was Vets. it was my and 4 other kids attending saint thomas. I talked to him a lot and he could tell he was not feeling well. I told him how honored i was to met him and how thankful I was to met him. Because he wasnt feeling good he was going to leave 1/2 way through the film but he didnt leave. He answered some questions i asked about his 2 PHs and another guy asked about his dads DSC. I went after the movie and d talked to him some more he told me to wait aside for min. and i went to shake his hand he hesitated then put his hand in his pocket and made sure no one was looking he gave me this coin and now it is my most prized possession. i thank him for his gift and gallantly. I recently found out his wife passed away in 2003 and he has lung cancer and is not expected to make it past september. i hope every one keeps him in there prayers. god bless you Mr.McNerney you truly are an America hero.
    hopefully you can keep in touch with this great man though he wont ever deem himself a hero and be a young friend during his last days and let him know you truly respected his service and gallantry its be nice for him i tihkn and obviously he appreciated your words and kindness or he wouldnt have given you such a magnificent gift

A very nice gift. Always an honour to meet Veterans.

I have flipped the photos around for you.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hunt for the Iron cross one trick you can try is take a magnifiying glass and put it between the phone and the item this might help. Gary

ade your a star much more helpful than the negative comments posted earlier !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast