Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star

Article about: my great uncles brother Staff Sgt. Joseph W. Edwards served in the korean war. while setting explosives on a bridge he was shot in the leg crawled away and destroyed the bridge. he was later

Default great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star

my great uncles brother Staff Sgt. Joseph W. Edwards served in the korean war. while setting explosives on a bridge he was shot in the leg crawled away and destroyed the bridge. he was later sent home with a bronze star and a purple heart and other souvenirs while in occupied japan. His ex wife took the star but we still have the ribbon. only have one pic. He is no longer with us so my great aunt and uncle have them. thank you for your time. i also have some Walther and other pics and me in my visor with polish Calvary sword
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star   great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star  

great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star   great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star  

great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star   great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star  

Default Re: great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star

Interesting. Thanks for sharing. May he rest in peace.

a pity that you don't have the bronze star, but you still have the story! thanks for sharing.

Regards,
    finn

Nice P38 Birds dont go on holster! ERIC.

yeah i was also going to comment on the eagles on the holster...

the vet put it on there for decoration i think they are real but they are at my grandparents house

Yes they could be from the pic i have they very well maybe !! ERIC

if they're from the same vet then they are most likely real, IMO

all pics were taken from my phone

is this real and what is it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star   great uncles brothers purple heart and bronze star  

Last edited by Hunt for the IronCross; 08-11-2010 at 04:38 AM.