Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping

Article about: Hello folks. Just received this in the post. A grouping of items pertaining to the First World War and Second World War service of a single man. I do take note of a few minor discrepancies.

Default Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping

Hello folks.

Just received this in the post. A grouping of items pertaining to the First World War and Second World War service of a single man. I do take note of a few minor discrepancies. The ARP badge is the 'female' type, with the pin and hook hardware on the reverse. The cap badge is also a WWII type, bearing the royal cypher of George VI. All pieces appear original, however.
    Central to the grouping is a photograph of the man concerned, which appears to have been taken from a picture frame. Along with the aforementioned cap badge and ARP pin are two medals. Namely the First World War Victory Medal, and the WWII-era Defence Medal. Both medals are in good shape, both with very clean ribbons. There is some slight wear and oxidisation to the Victory Medal, but nothing that significantly detracts from its overall appearance.
    The Victory Medal is engraved, as I believe was standard practice, with the individual's name, unit and service number: '356278 SPR R.I. TUFF. R.E.' I've been unable to locate anything after a quick search, and any information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

Even if there's a chance these items may not be a legitimate grouping, they are all - to the best of my knowledge, at least - original pieces and compliment each other nicely in a display.

Thanks for looking,

Regards, B.B.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping   Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping  

Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping   Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping  

Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping   Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping  

I think this is your man

The second service number with WR = Waterways and Railways

From here

Army Service Numbers 1881-1918: Number Prefixes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great War/World War II Royal Engineers Grouping  

Quote by Richie B View Post
    I think this is your man
    Fantastic find, thank you! Guess I need to start doing some thorough research on this gentleman.

B.B.

Seems he was also awarded the British War Medal. Unfortunately, it seems that it's long been separated from this grouping.

B.B.

?

Probably Richard Thomas Tuff
    B- 1880 Brentford, Middlesex.
    D- 1961 Middlesex.
    M- Marie R. E. Lacome 1919 Brentford.

Nice Engineer find!

Oz.

You dont think he married Marie just because of her initials do you ??