Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron

Article about: This grouping was given to me for Christmas by a friend of Simons sister who passed away last year. Simon was in the 388th bomb group, 562 nd bomb sqaudron. I am not sure if the picture with

Default Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron

This grouping was given to me for Christmas by a friend of Simons sister who passed away last year. Simon was in the 388th bomb group, 562 nd bomb sqaudron. I am not sure if the picture with the crew is a plane he served on or not. I did find the name of the plane in the photo and it was lost with only 4 survivors, he was not listed as part of the crew at the time. His brother is 100 and stil living and was a b17 pilot, I am waiting to hear back if he will talk to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron   Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron  

Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron   Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron  

Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron   Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron  

Grouping from B 17 tail gunner, 562nd bomb squadron  

MAP
    ?

As said, love this grouping. Just started getting into US awards and love these wings. Interesting that he has a set of Command Pilot wings.

What are the wings in the photo with the dog tags? (Edit: Air Crew)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Interesting that he has a set of Command Pilot wings.
    )
    His bother was a B17 pilot, maybe his? The items where held by his sister after he passed.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Mauser202 View Post
    His bother was a B17 pilot, maybe his? The items where held by his sister after he passed.
    Makes perfect sense. Overall a fantastic grouping! To bad it is missing his Air Medal. But you can find one to add.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for showing Mauser202

?

Very nice love the english made blue back wings

?

Great grouping but I think the photos are of his brother tail gunner would be a Sgt. Photos are of an officer . Gary

?

Fantastic grouping. I agree with Gary about the photo's . Even the bracelet pic is an officer.

Since this is the case and if the 100 year old pilot is still with us, I would be trying to make contact with him.
    You gotta get their stories now before they pass.

Semper Fi
    Phil

MAP
    ?

Now that I look, I think the grouping is a mixed bag of insignia from both brothers.

The photo of the two men in front of the bicycles are probably of the bothers together. The one on the right is the spitting image of the caricature in the newspaper clipping.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Now that I look, I think the grouping is a mixed bag of insignia from both brothers.

The photo of the two men in front of the bicycles are probably of the bothers together. The one on the right is the spitting image of the caricature in the newspaper clipping.
    I think you are correct about it be pieces from both brothers. I reached of to a care taker of the surviving brother and be just got out of the hospital. He can’t talk with me at this time. Hopefully soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast