Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Hancocks VC's

Article about: Hello Guys & Girls I was thinking what do you guys think of these?. What we have is a limited addition of the VC made by Hancocks..1357 medals are being made or made!!. one for each one

?

Default Hancocks VC's

Hello Guys & Girls I was thinking what do you guys think of these?. What we have is a limited addition of the VC made by Hancocks..1357 medals are being made or made!!. one for each one award up to 2006 the medals 150th anniversary.. Now the bad news each one is nearly 400 pounds.. But in the defence of the medal it is as close as I am going to get to owning a real VC..made by the company who makes them. So what do you think?? ATTACH=CONFIG]792276[/ATTACH]Hancocks VC'sHancocks VC'sHancocks VC's
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hancocks VC's  

at the end of the day its a replica.but its your money.

?

Bit like a 57 Ritterkreuz , will probably become collectable in it's own right in a few years time especially with such a limited issue !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

MAP
    ?

Pretty expensive "place holder" or "gap-filler". IMO I would rather put the money to something else.

But as Harry notes, it's really what you want to do with your money. If it makes you happy, then it's worth it.

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by Paul D View Post
    Bit like a 57 Ritterkreuz , will probably become collectable in it's own right in a few years time especially with such a limited issue !!
    Paul,

Pardon my ignorance but my following question is more so I can educate myself.

Weren't the 57 Ritterkreuz's produced primarily for Veterans and thus having a military connection thereby increasing their value over time? Where as this VC is more commemorative in nature.

Thanks!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Yes they were Michael but post war RK's were also made by certain manufacturers for the souvenir market whcih are now collectable, This VC is more of a commemoration piece but due to their limited issue and being made by the only company that makes them together with the fact that an original will set you back at £ 300,000 plus then i can see that in as few years they could possibly have a collecting value of their own !

cheers

paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Thanks for the comment guys.. I think I will go for it. As the VC is an interesting medal the history is amazing, & I like I say I ain't never going to own an issued one.. So this is about as good as it gets for me. & Hancocks of London are very helpful...Might even get to look around the back of the shop as the the stand by ones lol... Cheers Terry.