Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hello could any one tell me what i need to look out for with Us medals.

Article about: Im thinking of getting a korean service medal and a vietnam service medal. Both are being sold as unissued in their original case. I dont know much about us medals so i hope someone is an ex

Default Hello could anyone help me with vietnam and korea service medals (usa)

Im thinking of getting a korean service medal and a vietnam service medal.
    Both are being sold as unissued in their original case.
    I dont know much about us medals so i hope someone is an expert could give me tips on what to look for so i dont end up getting a fake one.
    Many thanks
    Daniel
    Last edited by daniel1234; 09-20-2012 at 05:36 PM.

Default Re: Hello could any one tell me what i need to look out for with Us medals.

I could show some photos but they are not very clear.

Default Re: Hello could any one tell me what i need to look out for with Us medals.

I can't help you with these medals, but I cann tell you that some photos are better than no photos.

Go online and enter Korean medals.You might catch a site which gives info and prehaps price.

Collector of mainly US military medals here-

Both look good to me...From what the pics show, the Korean Service Medal and box look just like the one I have; yours shown has a nice patina to it, and the box is in excellent shape, minus the slight wearing on the label...The vietnam medal and box are also good; I have one just like that in the original case/plastic. Out of curiosity, how much is the seller asking for them? I'd personally value the Korean Service $15-20 and the Vietnam medal at $10 tops because it's in the original unopened box of issue. If you can, try to get as low a price as you can on both.

Hope this helps!

Alex

Quote by Javelin4life View Post
    Collector of mainly US military medals here-

Both look good to me...From what the pics show, the Korean Service Medal and box look just like the one I have; yours shown has a nice patina to it, and the box is in excellent shape, minus the slight wearing on the label...The vietnam medal and box are also good; I have one just like that in the original case/plastic. Out of curiosity, how much is the seller asking for them? I'd personally value the Korean Service $15-20 and the Vietnam medal at $10 tops because it's in the original unopened box of issue. If you can, try to get as low a price as you can on both.

Hope this helps!

Alex
    Hello,
    Thanks for the information.
    For the Vietnam medal it's $10 and Korean one $25.
    Are both these medals faked at all?
    Many thanks
    Daniel

It seems like this guy is asking full premium for both of them...Anyway that you can try to lower the price on either?
    As far as being faked goes, there are reproductions out there, but as these are fairly common awards it doesn't pay to fake those as it would to say a Navy Cross. Everything's fine with the two you have, hopefully you can get a lower price on them.

Quote by Javelin4life View Post
    It seems like this guy is asking full premium for both of them...Anyway that you can try to lower the price on either?
    As far as being faked goes, there are reproductions out there, but as these are fairly common awards it doesn't pay to fake those as it would to say a Navy Cross. Everything's fine with the two you have, hopefully you can get a lower price on them.
    ahhh i see i think in the future when there is less around we will start to see theses medals being made in china lol.
    Good news is that I got the seller down from $35 to $28 and free shipping.
    Thanks again and i will upload some better photos when they arrive monday or tuesday.

I can't comment on the Vietnam service, but the Korean service looks like a good period piece to me. Not a bad price for the two either! There are still replacements being made for both these medals. So as Javelin said, these aren't really faked... more of a question of time frame.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast